What's the biggest regret of your life.

worgeordie

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

As far as regrets go, and thinking outside of the box, I am sure that Prayut and his Government must feel like Rodney Dangerfield did right about now.  Rodney was haunted by regrets of days gone by. So Prayut must view his life just as Rodney did as I am sure Prayut and staff quite often get caught up in a perpetual cycle of unconscious thoughts that lead them to believe that success and happiness is somewhere in the future or when the goal is achieved.  A goal they will never achieve.

So here is the regret I have.  Thinking of the above I regret thinking this country could be different with them at the Helm....that is a big regret

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Took me years before I realised that some parents actually love their children and want them around in their life.

That's not a regret in my life though, as I never really knew them- banished to boarding school and worked in the holidays.

Some of us believe that we do chose our parents. Sad that yours did not work out? But you still ended up here!

I'm pretty sure that I have some regrets, but, I look at it this way, if at point U I hadn't done V then I wouldn't have ended up at W, which in time would not have led to me to go to X and booking a flight to Y, which in turn led me to be living Z for the last 9 years.

What I'm trying to say is that what we do and when we do it has consequences, if I had not gone to my local on a particular night, met a mate who had a house and a bar here & was on a short visit to the UK I may never have discovered Thailand.

I feel sure we can all relate to this in one way or another, the actions and thoughts we make and do today can and will impact on our future lives.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

in there, I still feel truly sorry I ever took him to she her,and still regret it to this day.

Reading your story really touched me, and I think farang pub is not the right place for it

I have a similar regret, but I'm not gonna post it on a forum full of cynics.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

As far as regrets go, and thinking outside of the box, I am sure that Prayut and his Government must feel like Rodney Dangerfield did right about now.  Rodney was haunted by regrets of days gone by. So Prayut must view his life just as Rodney did as I am sure Prayut and staff quite often get caught up in a perpetual cycle of unconscious thoughts that lead them to believe that success and happiness is somewhere in the future or when the goal is achieved.  A goal they will never achieve.

you really need to get a life outside.    lol   ????

Edited by steven100
  • Like 1

Not joining the paras, or the royal marines, or the french foreign legion; I actually got a red beret in the territorials, so the physical thing wasn't really a problem. Instead I spent a dumb amount of time running around for free, and studying something that had little interest to me at the time. Later, it would prove useful, I admit.

2 minutes ago, nausea said:

Not joining the paras, or the royal marines, or the french foreign legion; I actually got a red beret in the territorials, so the physical thing wasn't really a problem. Instead I spent a dumb amount of time running around for free, and studying something that had little interest to me at the time. Later, it would prove useful, I admit. As for women, oh my God, so many, any one of them I could've made a life with. 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

You can feel them tear ......... to put it bluntly.

I had 3 maybe 4 ....... one of them the tear wasn't obvious, so she might have been lying ..... the other 3 were.

Confusing Soi 6 with Soi 6/1. 
Felt the tear.

Hurt like buggery.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jvs said:

You can feel sorry for something you did but you can only regret something you did not do.

These are my main regrets, not doing something.

Nothing major, but then you never know how something could have turned out, because I did not act. To do with women, that I somewhere saw for a brief moment , being fascinated, but continuing as normal.

Last time was about 6 years ago in BKK Suv. airport, that time before may be 13 years ago in my village. 

Not sure I can make my point clear. Because it does not happen that often anymore, that I am fascinated by a person, these days I really try to be in the present with my attention, so not to miss one of these rare occasions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

you really need to get a life outside.    lol   ????

I am trying to think Outside, outside of the box in retrospect.  No regrets except what I posted earlier about my Wine and Wine refrigerator I gave to my best friend.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I am trying to think Outside, outside of the box in retrospect.  No regrets except what I posted earlier about my Wine and Wine refrigerator I gave to my best friend.....

You going to keep on wining about it?lol.

• Haha 1

A very rich topic indeed. Mine are mostly financial. I was going to invest in bitcoin, when they were way, way under $1 each. The tech side of things back then seemed too daunting. Decided no. 

A friend of mine started buying condos in Vancouver around 20 years ago when a high floor unit in Yaletown was selling for 200,000 Canadian. The US dollar was at $1.56 at the time so do the math. 10% down, 10% halfway through construction, 10% upon completion and easy to qualify for a bank loan for the balance. They went up to over $1,000,000 within 10 years and are now renting out for well over $3,000 a month. A major mistake, he bought three units, needless to say he has done quite well.

I also had an opportunity to buy a townhouse in Prague in 2000, prior to the Czech Republic becoming part of the EU. They were $45,000 for a large 5 story townhouse. Granted they needed some work but my Czech friend assured me that it was a major bargain and that the appreciation was a sure bet. Within 10 years after the Czech Republic was in the EU they were worth 3 million euros, and today they're worth 20 million euros, due to Russian oligarchs all deciding they needed one! That's a pretty good return on the money even if I had split it with her half and half. 10 million euros is a pretty decent bit of padding for retirement. I could literally go on and on and on but I'll stop there. 

Otherwise, I am very content with my life. 

Biggest regret is not leaving Thailand sooner. Left at 35 after 12 years and have been playing catchup since then. Regret not getting a career sooner than I did. 

Also regret not being more proactive getting laid at uni. Did okay, but looking back should have spent less time getting wasted and more time shagging. 

Regret the many years where hard drugs were my primary focus. 

But hey ho, that's life. I sleep well every night, so things don't bother me that much. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, worgeordie said:

So what are your regrets, should never have gotten married,retired too late,..........

everybody has a regret.

regards worgeordie

Not signing my ThaiVisa handle after every post

- 4reaL 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, polpott said:

I was married to my first wife for 7 weeks. Not seen her since so I never really got to find out.

Did I take you 7 weeks to realise she (he) had one piece to much? ????

Should have gone to Specsavers.