What's the biggest regret of your life.

worgeordie

4 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Marrying my first Thai wife and also Not meeting my currently Thai wife when she was 18. (have to say this - she may look at my browser history)

How can she? You have no history with Duck Duck Go. How can she access you phone with fingerprint technology?

7 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

logging on this website, it's really lowered my opinion of westerners..

I know what you mean but there are plenty of forums that discuss issues with more informed,  and more tolerance with more life experiences,  tavel experience etc. It's a shame the extremists dominate the threads.

• Like 1

In all honesty, I have absolutely no regrets.  Life has been a rollercoaster of ups  and downs, from a $ millionaire down to poverty.  My attitude is to recall both good and bad times and events, but to always look forward with optimism.  Even bad events have a place in my psyche, because they allow me to reflect on how life can throw wobblies at you....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

A very rich topic indeed. Mine are mostly financial. I was going to invest in bitcoin, when they were way, way under $1 each. The tech side of things back then seemed too daunting. Decided no. 

A friend of mine started buying condos in Vancouver around 20 years ago when a high floor unit in Yaletown was selling for 200,000 Canadian. The US dollar was at $1.56 at the time so do the math. 10% down, 10% halfway through construction, 10% upon completion and easy to qualify for a bank loan for the balance. They went up to over $1,000,000 within 10 years and are now renting out for well over $3,000 a month. A major mistake, he bought three units, needless to say he has done quite well.

I also had an opportunity to buy a townhouse in Prague in 2000, prior to the Czech Republic becoming part of the EU. They were $45,000 for a large 5 story townhouse. Granted they needed some work but my Czech friend assured me that it was a major bargain and that the appreciation was a sure bet. Within 10 years after the Czech Republic was in the EU they were worth 3 million euros, and today they're worth 20 million euros, due to Russian oligarchs all deciding they needed one! That's a pretty good return on the money even if I had split it with her half and half. 10 million euros is a pretty decent bit of padding for retirement. I could literally go on and on and on but I'll stop there. 

Otherwise, I am very content with my life. 

Total tosh pal. Absurd pack of lies, dreamer. Fantasist. Talker not a doer. Suspicious.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Paiman said:

These are my main regrets, not doing something.

Nothing major, but then you never know how something could have turned out, because I did not act. To do with women, that I somewhere saw for a brief moment , being fascinated, but continuing as normal.

Last time was about 6 years ago in BKK Suv. airport, that time before may be 13 years ago in my village. 

Not sure I can make my point clear. Because it does not happen that often anymore, that I am fascinated by a person, these days I really try to be in the present with my attention, so not to miss one of these rare occasions.

There's many a regret I have when I passed on something that I later think could have been marvellous, like that real cutie in Hollywood Royale my GF wanted to have a threesome with. However, it's not the only mistake I made, by far, and I'll probably add some more before the inevitable ending.

8 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Did I take you 7 weeks to realise she (he) had one piece to much? ????

Should have gone to Specsavers.

I had a friend that met his wife at a gathering of friends ( she was a friend of a friend ). I bet he regrets not listening to us telling him not to marry her. They lasted 6 weeks.

i was in the XXO galaxy with my friend and I got bored.  I tossed a "rock" towards planet OIYUTYG and missed.  It will hit and destroy Earth in 876,954 years.  It's impossible to stop.

My regret is not telling Earth about it until now.....enjoy Pattaya while you can!!! 

30 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Total tosh pal. Absurd pack of lies, dreamer. Fantasist. Talker not a doer. Suspicious.

Absolutely true. You could not make this stuff up. But, I agree with you about not being a doer, when it came to these moves. This kind of thing requires courage, vision, and fortitude. I was lacking in those areas at that time. I had good friends, willing to hold my hand, and show me the way. I was too focused on today, and not tomorrow. That one friends in particular is now a retired multi millionaire. Oh well. 

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely true. You could not make this stuff up. But, I agree with you about not being a doer, when it came to these moves. This kind of thing requires courage, vision, and fortitude. I was lacking in those areas at that time. I had good friends, willing to hold my hand, and show me the way. I was too focused on today, and not tomorrow. That one friends in particular is now a retired multi millionaire. Oh well. 

My dear boy what do you take us for you think we are some kind of tnuc? Is that right, you say? You had the chance to double down even a measly $200 on BC and you had trusted friends encouraging you and you bottled it?

You were too focussed on today? 8 years ago you were focussed on a day in the future. That's your excuse? 

That's a 360k loss based on measly $200.  I actually lost about the same once but I gained a freedom I never had before and that was worth every penny.

I have been thinking of this since yesterday, and I can not come up with one single regret! Every mistake and stupid thing I have done, have lead me to where I am today, so, I see no reason to regret any of my experiences or wrong doings, since it have made me a better person, and taken me to a decent good life. The rollercoaster have been challenging, but still alive and kicking. 

Edited by Tagged
  • Like 1

My biggest regret is listening to my parents telling me "health is better than wealth".

My life has been pretty normal with it's many up's and down's and it's good and bad parts, but I know I would be millions of times better off right now had I taken wealth more seriously and let health take care of it's self.

Hey!  Maybe next time :smile:

12 hours ago, Nout said:

Not coming hear earlier in the early 70s. Instead I was in In India  Pakistan,  Afghanistan and Iran 

How can you regret your experiences from those countries? I have heard Only good things about Afghanistan back then

23 minutes ago, Tagged said:

How can you regret your experiences from those countries? I have heard Only good things about Afghanistan back then

Yes and Pakistan was fun too  Western Pakistan around Peshawar but Thailand would have been better. 

50 minutes ago, Nout said:

Yes and Pakistan was fun too  Western Pakistan around Peshawar but Thailand would have been better. 

Maybe, but you have the memories from those countries, the rest of us have only heard the stories, while you lived them. Be proud

21 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

Don't worry. On the next dip, buy a few more TSLA shares and soon, your private yacht will become reality.

D9957FCA-9381-45E0-8D2E-A4DA5C41F201_4_5005_c.jpeg

Naaaah. Tesla is extremely over valued now. They make 2 cars and the market is saturated with the S car and people are bored of looking at it. The company definitely revolutionized the electric car segment but they will fall behind if they do not start offering different models.  

But never fear. My Amazon stock has soared. ????. The question is when to push in all the chips and cash out. I have a stop on it so if it crashes I get out still way up..... 

Edited by JAFO

On 10/31/2020 at 5:24 PM, Tagged said:

I have been thinking of this since yesterday, and I can not come up with one single regret! Every mistake and stupid thing I have done, have lead me to where I am today, so, I see no reason to regret any of my experiences or wrong doings, since it have made me a better person, and taken me to a decent good life. The rollercoaster have been challenging, but still alive and kicking. 

Every mistake and stupid thing I have done, have lead me to where I am today, so, I see no reason to regret any of my experiences or wrong doings, since it have made me a better person, and taken me to a decent good life.

Would you say the same if where you are was horrible?