Most Road Fatalities Involve Motorcycle

snoop1130

16 hours ago, RobU said:

I am not surprised my experience  is that thai motorcyclists have absolutely no road sense or consideration for pedestrians or other vehicles. They drive 'like pedestrians walk' with no awareness of what is around them completely oblivious of danger

There are no difference between the majority of Thais who use the roads.

A solution that may help. is what is used in most western countries, police detain speeding drivers and have random breath test , confiscate unregistered vehicles and vehicles of unlicensed drivers. Instead of the police doing dog and cat rescues.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wolf81 said:

It's not like the car drivers are much better. Thai driving style is full of tail gating, speeding cars flashing lights to say "don't get in my way", people rushing at 80+ km/h in small villages. Broken break lights are not uncommon. Crazy truck drivers high on yaba, etc...

I agree but car and lorry drivers have the relative safety of a cab. I have been in taxis where I observed the driver who was very competent and drove to a very high standard aware of his surroundings noticing stupid motorcyclists and anticipating their actions. There are probably many such drivers in Thailand 

I feel that Thailanders don't consider motorcycles as significant vehicles just powered bicycles. Relatively cheap to buy and maintain and not worth the bother of properly regulating. One step up from pedestrians.

22 hours ago, Asquith Production said:

Does anybody know why their is no patrol based policing?

the police are afraid of being shot or knifed by a irate driver who may believe he is free to drive as he wishes or afraid of losing their job to the irate hi-so/vip they stop.

Really? Why would anybody believe these numbers?

And the ones who die in the ambulance, or in the hospital. because they do not seem to know emergency operations here? A life isn't worth much here.

Thailand has a serious problem with road safety, and a lot of lives are lost on the roads. Lately, we found out that the discrepancy between locally reported casualties, and what is reported in WHO reports is the following : Thai casualties apparently give the casualties as they are at the site of the accident. Any deaths while on the way to the hospital, or later in hospital, are likely not or underreported.

https://www.thaiwebsites.com/caraccidents.asp

On 10/31/2020 at 12:21 AM, PatOngo said:

Most Road Fatalities Involve Motorcycle

While a mocy is the best the oppressed majority can afford, nothing is about to change! The carnage continues unabated!

Well it is only the the down-trodden majority, so why worry - nothing of importance... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The majority of road accidents in Thailand are caused by Thai idiots.

It's their disregard for road rules, their absolutely crazy driving habits, their inability to understand defensive driving and their selfish attitude to any one else using the roads.

Plus throw in texting will driving and driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs. 

On 11/1/2020 at 8:12 AM, mikebell said:

The cause of most fatalities on the road is speed. This is easily discouraged if there was a police force.

The cause of most fatalities on the road is impact...but speed is a major contributing factor in the outcome ????

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 5:17 PM, edwardandtubs said:

There'll be more road fatalities tomorrow than Covid-19 fatalities for the whole year but mai pen rai. What can I do?

About 3,700 road deaths per day.

covid is killing about 7-9,000 per day currently, and rising. It will probably hit 10,000 per day this or next week.

Mai bpen rai.

• Confused 1

Let's see a real breakdown of the reasons - cars / bikes going against traffic, cars / bikes with no lights on from dusk on,  U-turns on highways, ...

How many have a valid bike license?

How many death accidents with > 2 people on the bike?

Also, would be nice to see a range of motorcycle sizes that cause (or are part of) accident deaths.  Can go with:

40cc to 154cc,  155cc to 299 cc, 300cc to 649cc, 650cc up

VERY surprised with the title.....I would have thought to see..

1.  Trains hitting Airplanes 

2.  Frogs jumping on submarines

3.  Lions attacking cars

4.  jet skis eaten by wolly mamoths

In Saigon, I would be SHOCKED if it was also motorbike......   NOT