More People Ignore Face Masks

snoop1130

More People Ignore Face Masks

mask-1.jpg

NONTHABURI, Oct 30 (TNA) — Health authorities urge people to protect themselves from the novel coronavirus by regularly wearing face masks as a survey has found only 67.1% of respondents are using them.

Dr Kiattiphum Wongrajit, permanent secretary for public health, said the local COVID-19 situation was under control because new patients were mostly quarantined arrivals. More than 50% of the patients were young people and people at working ages, between 20 and 49 years old, and were asymptomatic. They usually travelled and thus posed high chances of disease transmission, he said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-573911

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-10-30

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's not fair. You don't know the setting there of that statement. 

Kinda like when Trump said Lesley Stahl wasn't wearing a mask. She did the entire time inside the WH, except when doing the interview with him.

Misleading for sure.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mises said:

There is (officially) no COVID in Thailand.  What are the masks for?

From Holland:

'Face masks in public places are not necessary, based on all the current evidence,' said Coen Berends, spokesman for the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. 'There is no benefit and there may even be negative impact.'

You know there is no virus in Thailand how exactly?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wolf81 said:

I'm living in Chiang Mai province (Amphur Chaiprakan) and it's the same here. Most people don't bother with masks anymore and neither with social distancing. Every week there's some party in our village. 

I think it's a good thing. The whole covid scare is way overblown. 

If you live here, you can feel that way.  In the West, where the virus is raging and hundreds are dying every day?  It's hardly overblown.  I was just notified 2 of my friends are now sick.  More to add to the growing list.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Questionable source.

That article is clearly anti mask propaganda. 

• Overall, we rate The Federalist a borderline Questionable and far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion of pseudoscience and three failed fact checks.

the only thing questionable are the fact checkers and who is funding them.  These guys aren't independent fact checkers.  

Now, back to those graphs, do you think they were just made up, or was the data pulled from the various public health websites?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jeffr2 said:

You've taken his comments out of context. 

=================================

"Holland's position is based on assessments by the Outbreak Management Team, a group of experts advising the government. It first ruled against masks in May and has re-evaluated the evidence several times, including again last week.

It believes they detract from a clear three-pronged message that has kept deaths from coronavirus down to less than half the rate in Britain: wash hands regularly, maintain social distancing of 1.5 metres and stay at home if suffering any symptoms.

The one exception outside of the medical frontline has been on public transport, where masks are mandatory on the basis it is difficult to stay apart on crowded buses, ferries and trains. 'We have seen this approach works,' said Christian Hoebe, a professor of infectious diseases in Maastricht and member of the advisory team. 'Face masks should not be seen as a magic bullet that halts the spread.

'The evidence for them is contradictory. In general, we think you must be careful with face masks because they can give a false sense of security. People think they're immune from disease or stop social distancing. That is very negative.'

Yes, bullet proof vests during a gun fight probably give people a bit more confidence too, but I would prey reasonable people would agree it is probably better to have them on.

My god how does so much of this stuff become arguable? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

In Pattaya, I'd say 60-70% still wear them outside (50% walking the beach promenade); in most shopping malls and retail stores they're required but in other service businesses (massage, barbers, restos) they're not.

Yes people walk into Starbucks and it’s a mask free zone for gods sake , People can’t wait to get their first drink and walk around mall mask less 

• Thanks 1

From my experience of living in Siem Reap, Cambodia, I guess only 20% (if that) of people WEAR face masks outdoors. The wearing of face-masks in Cambodia has never been mandatory, only recommended. Even before Covid-19, many people here wear masks to prevent inhaling dust from dirt roads, especially during the dry season. Personally, I do not wear a face mask unless requested to do so at some entertainment venues such as the Phare Cambodian Circus Arena. Cambodia's latest figures:-

image.png.69f3d1a2a6b391f6b3e43b9366a836f8.pngCambodia
Total cases
Recovered
Deaths
  • Thanks 1