More People Ignore Face Masks

More People Ignore Face Masks

mask-1.jpg

NONTHABURI, Oct 30 (TNA) — Health authorities urge people to protect themselves from the novel coronavirus by regularly wearing face masks as a survey has found only 67.1% of respondents are using them.

Dr Kiattiphum Wongrajit, permanent secretary for public health, said the local COVID-19 situation was under control because new patients were mostly quarantined arrivals. More than 50% of the patients were young people and people at working ages, between 20 and 49 years old, and were asymptomatic. They usually travelled and thus posed high chances of disease transmission, he said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-573911

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2020-10-30

• Like 1
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

says the permanent secretary for public health without setting an example and wearing a mask ...

Once again a case of do what i say, not as i do.😡 Just shows the arrogance of those supposedly running the country. Lead by example, ha, ha, ha.

Hardly anyone around Chiang Mai wearing face masks, they're just on for 7-11/Tesco/Malls and off the instant they're out. Me too.

Posted Images

In Pattaya, I'd say 60-70% still wear them outside (50% walking the beach promenade); in most shopping malls and retail stores they're required but in other service businesses (massage, barbers, restos) they're not.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That's not fair. You don't know the setting there of that statement. 

Kinda like when Trump said Lesley Stahl wasn't wearing a mask. She did the entire time inside the WH, except when doing the interview with him.

Misleading for sure.

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Mises said:

There is (officially) no COVID in Thailand.  What are the masks for?

From Holland:

'Face masks in public places are not necessary, based on all the current evidence,' said Coen Berends, spokesman for the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. 'There is no benefit and there may even be negative impact.'

You know there is no virus in Thailand how exactly?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5