More People Ignore Face Masks

snoop1130

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Hardly anyone around Chiang Mai wearing face masks, they're just on for 7-11/Tesco/Malls and off the instant they're out.

Me too.

I keep one or two in my pocket. Otherwise, when I'm out walking around on the street in my area, where there aren't many people, I go maskless. I think it's reasonable. And I think a lot of Thais are doing this too, saving putting on the mask for when in stores, on buses, in malls, or in taxis.

Why wear masks in Thailand that has seen very few domestic cases of covid 19 for many months? 

It's a waste of natural resources, and burning the used masks will spread micro plastics and particles known to cause cancer. It's mostly rubber, spandex and aluminum that are the problems. 

It's crazy that almost Noone look into the environmental problems with face masks.

We risk seeing long term problems due to micro plast that we really don't know how affect our bodies yet, and elevated numbers of cancer in the long run. We're talking about billions of masks burned each day.... 

So wearing masks should be limited to places with large outbreaks, where they might make a small difference. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rancid said:

Wearing a mask probably does little or nothing as so many experts state. It is being used by governments as they need to be seen doing something. I suppose though it gives those needlessly hiding in their basements some comfort.

You have figured it out. 

Opinions like yours are self negating. Give people like you a choice of going into a room full of people infected with ebola with a face mask on, and a room without face masks, and you will choose the room without, right? Yeah... keep moving your mouth, but it is <deleted> you do not even believe yourself that is spewing out. 

• Thanks 1

And by the way Dr Kiattiphum Wongrajit, why are you ignoring face masks?  Where the h*** is YOUR facemask?  Hypocrites.
Like usual with the "experts" and "leaders", they tell the commoners what to do while ignoring their own self-righteous pronouncements. 

"So as we say, not as we do."
No.

Image2.jpg.e6d31bda873c7a7e47332fcfaa7a5b9c.jpg

Edited by connda
  • Sad 1

A post containing unattributed content that was copy and pasted from some site has been removed as well as a reply. 

Posts containing links to sites that were borderline questionable source or an unknown source have been removed as well as the replies.  

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Same in my neck of the woods, masks are a thing of the past, local temple has a Loy Krathong market for 9 days, just had a stroll around, vendors using no masks or screens, visitors much the same. Social distancing what's that?

Yet even under these conditions, noone is turing up to hospital sick with covid. I would suggest that there is simply no local transmission over much of Thailand. Any significant asymptomatic transmission would ultimately result in symptomatic cases. It's been this way for months. Still, I'd rather be in Thailand than anywhere in the US or Europe over this winter. It's going to get very bad there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, connda said:

And by the way Dr Kiattiphum Wongrajit, why are you ignoring face masks?  Where the h*** is YOUR facemask?  Hypocrites.
Like usual with the "experts" and "leaders", they tell the commoners what to do while ignoring their own self-righteous pronouncements. 

"So as we say, not as we do."
No.

Image2.jpg.e6d31bda873c7a7e47332fcfaa7a5b9c.jpg

Perhaps he is several meters from the nearest person. 

• Like 1

I have noticed a steady decline in the wearing of masks and the ones that do wear them I would say 50% have them under their nose or round their neck. It does amuse me when I see motorcyclists wearing masks but no helmet, if you are going to wear one in Thailand it ought to be the helmet, but then a mask can be bought for 10bts.

5 hours ago, nemo38 said:

Sweden solved the problem by ignoring it.

China solved the problem by stopping testing.

People don't yet see the issues that the lockdown will cause. Countries which have been stupid will suffer for generations.

If you read recent interviews with Anders Tegnell from sweden, you know Sweden has solved nothing.

They still haven't made masks mandatory, which I personally think makes sense, but that does not mean they are out of the woods. 

Not by a long shot. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rancid said:

Wearing a mask probably does little or nothing as so many experts state. It is being used by governments as they need to be seen doing something. I suppose though it gives those needlessly hiding in their basements some comfort.

Where do you get your news?  You are 100% wrong.  Hiding in their basements? You must listen to Fox News.

Listen to this doctor.  Especially at minute 2:00 and on.  If you say masks don't work, you're part of the problem.  A big part.

https://edition.cnn.com/videos/world/2020/10/30/belgium-liege-coronavirus-covid-19-pandemic-icu-bell-pkg-intl-ldn-vpx.cnn

7 hours ago, DavisH said:

Yet even under these conditions, noone is turing up to hospital sick with covid. I would suggest that there is simply no local transmission over much of Thailand. Any significant asymptomatic transmission would ultimately result in symptomatic cases. It's been this way for months. Still, I'd rather be in Thailand than anywhere in the US or Europe over this winter. It's going to get very bad there. 

But with Anutin & Pipat trying to increase international tourism, decrease quarantine and tweak other measures to cut corners it would only take one infection to kick everything off again.

Remember what happened at Lumpini boxing arena?

Better to play safe with domestic tourism then wait for a vaccine to come, then look at things when it's safe to do so.

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, connda said:

Because it is a sign that you're willing to blindly obey and submit to all government edicts. 
Just like here on TV.  It's easy to sort the blindly obedience lap dogs from the independent wolves.  And we do scare the stuffings out of the lap dogs who all but piddle when they see those of us who see though this economy destroying, society killing, cultural destruction in the name of what will now be a seasonal flu.  You people really, truly want to live under a totalitarian rule because you believe that your leaders will keep you safe - you people are ill but it has nothing to do with pathogen. 
The classic Milgram study and the Zimbardo Prison experiment are examples of where unquestioning conformity leads you people.  You're treading down at path to Hell with pitchfork in hand while attempting to herd all others down the path with you. 
And no.  I'm not wearing a d**n mask to make you feel safe. 

Don't be a wimp, don't hold back. Please write what you really think!

50 minutes ago, connda said:

Other than not crashing their economy. 

Yeah they managed to get through this period with fewer hits to their economy, compared to other countries, but still took some hits. 

When I look at articles from August they had a setback of 8,3% compared to Europe's average of 12, 5% in the same period.

Their number of unemployed raised to 8,9 % which is the highest number of unemployed since 2010.

They had some of the largest numbers of death pr citizens, so it also came with a price. 

I can see situations where it's reasonable to wear masks , but not everywhere like many countries do right now.  Personally I don't think masks help that much, compared to other measurements like distance and proper hygiene.

In general I'm against lockdowns, but I can understand why it might be the only solution if the disease is running out of control and when the hospitals cannot keep up. 

If the hospitals can keep up I see no reason to close down anything at all.

We need to find a balance and live with this virus instead of ruining the economics. 

Hopefully vaccines can get us a step in the right direction, but it's not the perfect solution, since not all develop anti bodies from vaccines and not everyone will get the shot.

It will be very interesting in 3 years time from now, when we look back. 

Which parts did we do correct and where did we fail.

Man i hate when I can't explain things properly since English is not my first language, but I hope you get my point. 

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 5:59 AM, nong38 said:

I have noticed a steady decline in the wearing of masks and the ones that do wear them I would say 50% have them under their nose or round their neck. It does amuse me when I see motorcyclists wearing masks but no helmet, if you are going to wear one in Thailand it ought to be the helmet, but then a mask can be bought for 10bts.

In NZ back before lockdown a pharmacy was asking $10 for one mask!

Just as well it wasn't made compulsory to wear one, except recently but only on public transport.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

It's not just about Covid... lots of other things to keep out of your lungs.

No one is telling anyone not to wear a mask if they want to, though I'm wondering what banks are doing for security. Before corona I'm pretty sure wearing a mask inside a bank would have had a quick alarm to the cops.

56 minutes ago, quake said:

can you tell us your method of testing :post-4641-1156693976:

Step 1.  Wear mask.

Step 2.  Fart

Step 3.  Inhale.

Results. If you can smell the bacteria coming from your butt, you are also breathing any nearby Covid as well.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dart12 said:

Step 1.  Wear mask.

Step 2.  Fart

Step 3.  Inhale.

Results. If you can smell the bacteria coming from your butt, you are also breathing any nearby Covid as well.

Thought you would have been a bit more imaginative than that.

only a 1.5 out of 10 for that.

• Like 2