PCD uses satellite imagery to predict air pollution

snoop1130

5 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

For provinces in the northern region, the government has developed an application to help farmers schedule crop stubble burning times, to help reduce the concentration of particles emissions from the fires

guarantee that .001 per cent will comply

• Like 1

21 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

PCD uses satellite imagery to predict air pollution

The PCD uses a multi-million Thai Baht satellite to predict air pollution.
I use a free calendar that I get every year from my bank to predict air pollution. 

I think the PCD is wasting a ton of money that probably should be spend mitigating the cause of air pollution.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Toany said:

The Government allows farmers to burn sugar cane even though an alternative method of harvesting is available.  Even Brazil has banned the burning of sugar cane.  A lot easier to ban the processing of burnt sugar cane.  No need to catch the farmer burning the sugar cane, just send a man to the factory and fine the farmer and sugar cane factory.  The solution to part of the problem is so simple, maybe too simple for the government.

Same up North.  Ag corporations give farmers the seeds and chemicals to plant corn on deforested mountains in Lanna.  Then after harvest the farmers just burn it all down. 

Bigger profits for the corporations; choking PM 2.5 for everyone who lives in Northern Thailand.

The government wrings in hands and says it can't do anything.  Nonsense.  They choose not to. 
Ban the practice. But - corporations and governments working together to increase corporate profits?  Mussolini would have appreciated the economic model used here in Thailand for sugar cane and corn production.