Phil Collins, 69, looks frail as he prepares for Genesis rehearsals

snoop1130

Phil Collins, 69, looks frail as he prepares for Genesis rehearsals

By JASON CHESTER

35031248-8896375-image-m-2_1604045766251.jpg

Main man: Phil Collins was given a helping hand on Wednesday as he prepared for rehearsals with his Genesis bandmates

Phil Collins was given a helping hand on Wednesday as he prepared for rehearsals with his Genesis bandmates.

The frail singer, 69, will join forces with keyboardist Tony Banks and guitarist Mike Rutherford for the first time in 13 years when they take to the road with a new tour, of which the dates have yet to be confirmed.  

The tour, which was announced earlier this year, comes amid Phil's ongoing drama with ex-wife Orianne Cevey, 46, who exchanged vows in a secret August wedding with 30-year old lover Thomas Bates and moved him into their Miami mansion. 

Despite the ongoing controversy Phil appeared to be in high spirits as he emerged from his car outside a London music studio, where a group of assistants were on hand to help him into a wheelchair. 

Full Story: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8896375/Phil-Collins-69-looks-frail-wheelchair-bound-star-prepares-Genesis-rehearsals.html

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

I did like some of his songs but was never a real fan. I remember once in some magazine I think he was called the 'ugliest something or other' (ha, please don't ask for authentication cos it was along time ago) which gives some idea how the music industry can treat a person. A tough business to stay in.

12 hours ago, fishtank said:

At 69 we all look frail

Not all. Many, such as Collins, have had some assistance along the way, usually through their own self-neglect:

Collins acknowledged that he had struggled with an alcohol problem following his retirement and third divorce . . .

In January 2017, Collins said he was a type 2 diabetic . . .

In June 2017, Collins cancelled two shows after he slipped in his hotel room during the night and hit his head on a chair as he fell, resulting in stitches for a severe gash close to his eye. The fall was caused by his drop foot, developed as a result from his back operation.[267]

--https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Collins#Health

12 hours ago, fishtank said:

but I bet he can still bang them drums.

Excellent. Here on TVF a "bet" means that the opposite is true, or will be, in fact.

Phil Collins’ injury stops him from playing the drums

After a long and prolific career playing the drums, a painful spine injury means that Collins is no longer able to play. According to Collin’s own words in the Daily Mail, "My vertebrae have been crushing my spinal cord because of the position I drum in. It comes from years of playing. I can’t even hold the sticks properly without it being painful."

--https://www.genesisfan.net/phil-collins/articles/2019/the-heartbreaking-reason-phil-collins-does-not-play-the-drums-anymore#

2 hours ago, NVass said:

Got tickets to see them IF we can get back to the UK then home again without spending a month in quarantine!

And by the way, one of the best bands ever for old men like me! Brings back my youth!

If the tour/tickets are in 2023 you may escape quarantine  

His ex marrying a young boy and living in his house while still married to him and wanting a big pile of cash from Phil would make any man fragile . And he even needs to move all his valuables out the house otherwise the witch will sell his platinum records and stuff . Damn the biatch is ugly !!! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

the witch will sell his platinum records and stuff . Damn the biatch is ugly !!! 

Unprofessional to reveal the fruits of your casing the joint. She probably has her skills. Rich, too. I've seen farang marry uglier skanks out of Pattaya BJ bars.

Edited by BigStar

On 10/31/2020 at 8:06 AM, BritManToo said:

Mind you, Phil has aged far better than his ex-wife.

She was hot ....... and now she's not. Somethings gone wrong with her boobs!

phil wedding.jpg

phil.jpg

Apparently, she is Thai. Or at least partly so. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12964646/who-orianne-cevey-phil-collins-ex-wife/