90 Day On-Line Reporting ...........................

It may help others if you inform people ‘what tools’ you used. 

i.e. Internet Explorer / File Fox / Safari etc and filed the report from a PC, MAC, iPhone or Android Phone etc.

The system is very clearly ‘buggy’ otherwise so many people would not be complaining that it doesn’t work. 

It may well work better with certain OS and Web Portal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Pungdo said:

I've been using it for years, can't understand why everyone complains that it doesn't work, a good tradesman doesn't blame his tools. ????

Because for some of us it just does not work with the tools available, windows, android, browsers, apps etc...

Even when seeking help at immigratiion was met with their disinterest to assist and solve whatever the issue is with their online reporting system.

Edited by userabcd
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jeffrey346 said:

I just tried and it doesn't work.. It never worked for me..

Maybe you know someone for who it works.

Maybe you should ask him to assist you.

It can be that you always do something wrong.

It can be that, for one or another reason, it indeed doesn't work for you.

At least you would know for sure.

• Like 1

I did my first ever online 90 report Thursday.

Approved by the next day. Was bit worried as had read so much drama and frustration with it. 

So I downloaded app onto android phone. 

However I used the web site.

Had couple of tips from @Peter Denis

In fact he has made a very detailed "troubleshooting" assist.

2 tips I had from that was on first scroll down in first window to end and tick "accept terms and conditions". 

Also if there is ever a drop down for "date" calendar use it. 

Very straight forward and simple.

Perhaps they have improved it.

I'm also advised that for my next one the fields will automatically fill as I type in first letter/word.

Finally the app is good to have on cell to check status. There are 3 things to fill in. You log in and go to check status. It prompts you for your email then next field fills auto, finally it's asking for the reference #. As soon as you tap that fill in it auto fills in your reference.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1

My 90 day is due 19th November so I'm assuming I can do it at the end of next week so will try the online/app (If that fails I'll pay my Agent 374.50 THB to do it for me, cheaper than having to go to MTT).

Can somebody please share the name of the App & the URL for the website...

Thanks

MTV

25 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Maybe you know someone for who it works.

Maybe you should ask him to assist you.

It can be that you always do something wrong.

It can be that, for one or another reason, it indeed doesn't work for you.

At least you would know for sure.

What can one do wrong. The first page when one opens it, tick a little box, accept and then the first page is a simple form to fill in ones personal information and the information in ones passport, how can any of this stuff be wrong.

Click next and up pops that little message to report to immigration in my area.

Exactly the same information when one enters the country from abroad, the same information one uses to make previous 90 day reports, the same information one uses to do annual extensions of stay.

I have tried 4 different times over the last 2 years and it never works.

Edited by userabcd
  • Haha 1

The problem many people have is that the website hangs up after entering the first page of information. To get around this problem, press F5 (refresh) and the blank page you got the first time should be replaced by the next page for data entry. Continue with F5 when you submit a completed form and get a blank page in reply and eventually you should get to the end. After your first successful application online it seems to remember you and doesn't hang up any more. This was done using Win10 and both Firefox and Chrome.

Good luck, it really is handy even though I only live 1,500 metres from the Jomtien office, so it's well worth persevering.

1 minute ago, luckyluke said:

If you sure you do nothing wrong, you will have to live with the fact that the system doesn't work for you.

Yes I accept my fate but I'm a sucker for punishment and keep trying hoping it may work.

But it is probably easier for me to take the round trip BTS to Morchit, taxi to MTT  about 3 hrs in all.

Probably take more time trying different methods on the phone and/or computer.

2 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Pobably take more time trying different methods on the phone and/or computer.

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn90online/online/tm47/TM47Action.do

Try this one more time on you cell. Of course you need to be making your report at the correct window 15 day prior + up to 7 post.

In first page scroll the writing in the window and accept T and C. Then accept.

The rest really is difficult to make mistake.

Any date that has calendar drop down option USE IT.

From memory the first date field does not have calendar option so just fill it in.

Good luck.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Albionp said:

What scanning app does anyone use for the android app? Neither MRZ nor Smart ID Reader work for me .

The more complicated you make the more trouble you might have. It's a 4 page gig with easy fill it. 

As I stated earlier the web site is simple. Does not even have a reader. The app does.

Took me less than 5 mins.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

My 90 day is due 19th November so I'm assuming I can do it at the end of next week so will try the online/app (If that fails I'll pay my Agent 374.50 THB to do it for me, cheaper than having to go to MTT).

When you consistently do the on-line 90-day reporting at the beginning of the 15 days window during which it is possible (from 14 days before till actual due date) you actually change it into a 75-day report application > LOL ????

This because the system will set your 'next appointment date' 90 days after your on-line report was submitted/approved.   

> I did PM you a document with some information and tips on how to use the on-line 90-days reporting website.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

When you consistently do the on-line 90-day reporting at the beginning of the 15 days window during which it is possible (from 14 days before till actual due date) you actually change it into a 75-day report application > LOL ????

This because the system will set your 'next appointment date' 90 days after your on-line report was submitted/approved.   

> I did PM you a document with some information and tips on how to use the on-line 90-days reporting website.

True..but really since it takes about 5 minutes while you're still sitting in your underwear it's really not that much of a big loss unless you plan on doing it in person next time.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, userabcd said:

What can one do wrong. The first page when one opens it, tick a little box, accept and then the first page is a simple form to fill in ones personal information and the information in ones passport, how can any of this stuff be wrong.

Click next and up pops that little message to report to immigration in my area.

Exactly the same information when one enters the country from abroad, the same information one uses to make previous 90 day reports, the same information one uses to do annual extensions of stay.

I have tried 4 different times over the last 2 years and it never works.

There are 4 main possible reasons why it doesn't work for you:

1- You are living in one of the rare provinces where the IO does not allow on-line 90-day reporting;

2 - Your browser or settings are not compatible with the 90-day reporting website;

3 - You consistently make a mistake when inputting your data (unfortunately the website will not tell you which input is incorrect, e.g. not using the Calendar but inputting the dates manually will result in an error)

4 - Your passport info was not inputted correctly by Immigration when you entered Thailand, resulting in a 'no match'

>> When you do your 90-day in person ask your IO to set it up for you so that you can do it on-line next time.

Edited by Peter Denis
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

There are 4 main possible reasons why it doesn't work for you:

1- You are living in one of the rare provinces where the IO does not allow on-line 90-day reporting;

2 - Your browser or settings are not compatible with the 90-day reporting website;

3 - You consistently make a mistake when inputting your data (unfortunately the website will not tell you which input is incorrect, e.g. not using the Calendar but inputting the dates manually will result in an error)

4 - Your passport info was not inputted correctly by Immigration when you entered Thailand, resulting in a 'no match'

>> When you do your 90-day in person ask your IO to set it up for you so that you can do it on-line next time.

1) Living in Bangkok so CW office, reporting online should be perfunctory.

2) Browser settings are as is in windows (edge, firefox, chrome) in android (chrome, samsung and firefox) Tried also the immigration android app. Login input of email and password are accepted to get me to the first page.

3) I can assure you I know very well the details of my passport number, TM6 card number, date of entry into Thailand stamped in my passport and on the TM6 card, my name and DOB, flight number. Also tried inputting the date by typing and using the drop down calendar function.

4) My passport number was certainly input properly, how can one mistake that, one types it, looks at the passport and verifies that the numbers and the letters are correct, its in the passport, I also know it off by heart, I also tried both my new and my old passport number (btw, I get differently worded pop ups depending on which passport number I enter, but both inform me to report to the immigration office in my area)

When making an in person report and I explained to the immigration officer that I was not able to make an online report and what was the problem, they were most helpful reaching behind them, taking from a tray and providing me with a photocopy print out of how to make an online report.

Edited by userabcd

34 minutes ago, userabcd said:

1) Living in Bangkok so CW office, reporting online should be perfunctory.

It looks like you are fully aware of all possible error-modes and still not work for you.

Only options left that I can think of is to try doing it on a different PC (e.g. from a friend or at an Internet shop), that would rule out the VPN / browser - setting problems.

And crazy but true > carefully check whether you put the correct TM-6 departure card number (typically the O=0 or 1`= I (capital i) = l (lowercase l) issues, one might encounter).

If also that does not work, then it seems the On-Line System does not like you... and you are then doomed to make the MTT trips to do it in person...

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

Meh.

At arriving Immigration IOs slide the passport through their MRZ reader, they do NOT manually enter your passport details. That would be silly.

There are definitely some new issues with on-line reporting. Way too many people encountering issues (detailed here and on FB forums). The primary issue seems to be when the system checks your "eligibility" for on-line reporting, it may only "see" your previous extension of stay and not your current one, and thus "think" you are on an over-stay and advise you to visit the office.

I did at least nine reports on-line successfully using the web portal so do know how to input the data. 

Of the two other people in area A at MTT yesterday when I was there - my report took all of 90 seconds - both of them were experiencing the same issue as me.

• Thanks 1

There's always mail-in reporting.  I've been doing that for years.  Cost is less than 100.  Sending by registered mail is less than 60 baht and the stamp on the return envelope is only 3 baht.

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

The primary issue seems to be when the system checks your "eligibility" for on-line reporting, it may only "see" your previous extension of stay and not your current one, and thus "think" you are on an over-stay and advise you to visit the office.

Don't follow. 

Personally I did my first ever 90 report in person MTT Aug 13 after directed by immigration that anyone who skipped one during Amnesty to do it in Aug.

I also had to obtain annual extension RT and did that Oct 13 CW.

So my 90 report was 12 Nov. 

Did it online Thursday Oct 29.

As posted above did report via Android cell using web page and not app.

So easy could not believe. Approved Fri.

• Like 1

For me it is hit and miss sometimes it goes through some months it does not, and i think it depends on the imm. office you use, i go to mahasarakham and it is a very small office and when i asked them why it did not work they said we do not use it, but some months it goes through, so???

12 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

There's always mail-in reporting.  I've been doing that for years.  Cost is less than 100.

Yes, mail-in reporting is reasonably easy and reliable, IMLE.

EMS in is 37 baht, same coming back. On my most recent mail-in they did wait until my report date to process it, which is good I guess, so total elapsed time was ~ 23 days. Imm. did replace my EMS sticker with a new one so tracking the return was impossible.

You do have to assemble all the paperwork, apply lengthy addresses to both and visit the post office.

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

So easy could not believe.

Yes, when it worked for me in the past it was easy and I couldn't believe it.

That it worked for you this time is awesome. Hopefully that means that everyone will have a similar experiences going forward.

Using the web portal on a mobile phone is actually an option I've not seen utilized before. Noted. As is the F5 "refresh" option. The 'old' passport hack has been around since then beginning, but am not comfortable using that 'option'.

Edited by mtls2005