Hi all 

I am moving  over to  Thailand  some time  next  year with  my  wife (thai), 

I will be applying  for a  three  month  non OA Visa. 

Do I need to show  any  financial  requirements to the  embassy 

I am working here prior  to departing also 

6 hours ago, Kaset mal said:

Hi all 

I am moving  over to  Thailand  some time  next  year with  my  wife (thai), 

I will be applying  for a  three  month  none OA Visa. 

Do I need to show  any  financial  requirements to the  embassy 

I am working here prior  to departing also 

Go to the embassy website where the requirements for your chosen visa type will be listed. O-A visas are not 3 month visa, you are referring to non O.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP if your intention is to move to Thailand and pretty much live here, I suggest you obtain a non O (marriage) visa which gives you a 90 day stamp on entry. During that 90 days you can set up Thai bank account (if you don't have one and put in place the financial requirements. Fairly minor.

• Like 1

Check the Thai embassy in your country for info on financial requirements.  You don’t need money deposited in Thailand in order to apply.  That comes later.  However, you’ll need to show bank statements from your home country to establish that you meet the required threshold of financial stability.  Again...check with the embassy for details on this.

• Like 1

Yeap...get a Non O to avoid the Non OA medical insurance requirement.   Then after arriving Thailand during the last 30-45 days of your permitted to stay date apply for a one year extension of stay.   Some immigration offices like Chaeng Wattana (Bangkok) allow you to apply up to 45 days early; but all office will allow 30 days.   The Non OA use to be a good visa to get, but once they implemented medical insurance requirement that turned it into a not-so-good visa/extension of stay method.  Heck, a few months ago I switched from a retirement extension of stay to a marriage extension of stay based on an old 2008 OA Visa because of the expensive and near useless Thai medical insurance requirement if having an OA Visa/extension of stay as the basis for your stay in Thailand.

And of course keep up to date the best you can regarding how COVID has adjusted (hopefully temporary) how hard or easy it is to get into Thailand.  Monitor very closely the website of the Thai embassy/consulate that you will be apply at.

5 hours ago, Kaset mal said:

WHEN I Apply for a  non o Visa  do I need medical  insurance,my wife has a policy  for  me in Thailand forward  planning for  when  we live  there 

No medical insurance required for a Non O.

10 hours ago, Kaset mal said:

WHEN I Apply for a  non o Visa  do I need medical  insurance,my wife has a policy  for  me in Thailand forward  planning for  when  we live  there 

For the O visa there is no insurance requirement.  At present there is a requirement for anyone, regardless of visa type, to have $100K in  insurance that covers COVID in order to enter. This is  hopefully a temporary requirement.

Regarding the insurance policy your wife has arranged be aware that most Thai issued health insurance is of unrealistically low coverage. Many companies will discontinue coverage after  a certain age and all will raise premiums if you have a large claim/develop a chronic condition (all of which is allowed under Thai insurance regs)  You would be much better served by an internationally issued expat policy, of which there are many. These come under the regulatory framework of the country where they are issued.