25 days overstay on retirement extension

I should have reported to immigration on 5th of October but only realised today. About a month a ago I was diagnosed with a serious,  painful Inoperable cancer. I have been abstracted and worried since then visiting the hospital frequently.  That is my only excuse for not reporting. I have never forgotten before. I am worried about being deported to UK or being held in the IDC. Anybody know my options.

• Confused 1
6 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

That's tough news for anyone to take - sorry to read that.

My guess is that a letter from your Doctor stating that you have been unwell and unable to visit Immigration for an extension would resolve this issue when you go to Chaeng Wattana for a further extension. 

I'm in Pattaya  so jomtien is my office

27 minutes ago, Nout said:

I should have reported to immigration on 5th of October but only realised today. About a month a ago I was diagnosed with a serious,  painful Inoperable cancer. I have been abstracted and worried since then visiting the hospital frequently.  That is my only excuse for not reporting. I have never forgotten before. I am worried about being deported to UK or being held in the IDC. Anybody know my options.

I am very sorry to hear that.I think you can get a doctors note from the hospital and show this to immigration.Sorry i can't help you more as i don't know too much.

on this Forum Sheryl is very good with the medical side of things and Ubonjoe is good with the Immigration stuff.If they don't reply ,you can always p.m them.

Stay Strong Fella ,i hope things work out.

• Like 2

You wrote.

7 hours ago, Nout said:

I should have reported to immigration

Do you mean 90 day reporting or applying for a extension of stay. Late 90 day reporting is not a overstay and the reports were not required until after midnight today.

If an extension you are not on an overstay today due to the amnesty. Tomorrow will be you first day of over stay.

Do you have your financials proof ready to apply for an extension. You could try and do it on Monday if you are prepared and explain and/or prove the reason you are late.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Nout said:

Thanks. No not an extension that's next May. I forgot to report my 90 day still here at same address 

Is the IO in jomtien open doday

8 minutes ago, Nout said:

No not an extension that's next May. I forgot to report my 90 day still here at same address 

Go in Monday and do your report and you should not be fined 2000 baht for late reporting since technically you are on the allowed 7 days after the report date due to them not being required util tomorrow.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Nout said:

Is the IO in jomtien open doday

I don't think they are open and if the were it would only be for short stay extensions.

2 minutes ago, Nout said:

I was supposed to report 5 oct, which would be 90 days since my last 90 report 

You were not required to do the 90 day report on the 5th since they are not required under the amnesty.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Go into Monday and do your report and you should not be fined 2000 baht for late reporting since technically you are on the allowed 7 days after the report date due to them not being required util tomorrow.

The fine is not the big worry it the immigration  prison and the confiscation  of my drugs.

3 minutes ago, Nout said:

The fine is not the big worry it the immigration  prison and the confiscation  of my drugs.

Being late for your 90 day report is NOT an overstay and usually is dealt with a 2000 baht fine and no other retribution.

Relax and deal with it Monday.

8 minutes ago, Nout said:

You need to stop confusing a overstay with late 90 day reporting.

Late reporting is not a big deal. Just pay the 2000 baht fine and that is it and as I said you probably will not be fined due them not being required until after midnight today.

• Like 1