So why

Just now, Meat Pie 47 said:

On earth would  anybody like to live in Thailand ? Not talking about Expats coming back to Thailand

Yes they have made their lives here like I made many years  ago. But why would anybody comming

to Thailand now (if the can)

why

2 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

On earth would  anybody like to live in Thailand ? Not talking about Expats coming back to Thailand

Yes they have made their lives here like I made many years  ago. But why would anybody comming

https://metro.co.uk/2020/10/30/man-fined-800-for-going-to-buy-non-essential-bouncy-castle-in-lockdown-13505802/

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

But why would anybody comming to Thailand now (if the can)

Personally I could come now , back the wife and child, I could jump through the hoops and do the expensive quarantine at a push, but its just unreasonable in the current climate. If Thailand hits a 2nd wave (yeah I know), then returning now could just be an expensive waste of time as I need go back to the uK every 9 months for personal reasons.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kenk24 said:

It seems lately that 50% or more of my friends living elsewhere have mentioned 'thinking' of moving here... I don't expect many will... but reasons are basically not being happy where they are be it virus or politics in their home country... 

My friends are the same. A couple already have condos here but not made the move yet.

Reasons? As you say plus women and weather.

• Like 1

I have a friend in the UK who is thinking about living here when he retires in two years. Or should I say was thinking about  it. When I told him about the Medical Insurance he started to have second thoughts.I told him that I pay 144,000 Baht a year (I'm 73).

He said perhaps he will come over for the peak season instead.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

Same reason we all came.  Cost of living. Medical care. Climate. The people if you stay away from tourist areasif single guy the girls or boy's

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Same reason we all came.  Cost of living. Medical care. Climate. The people if you stay away from tourist areasif single guy the girls or boy's

I have free medical care where I live, no problems with visas, climate is OK

saying that I still come to Thailand for holidays twice a year but at the moment

I can't as you know.

• Like 1