Thailand to track tourists with digital wristbands

rooster59

I think the point is missed.

It's not necessary that it work. PM Anutin has proposed a 10 day quarantine. In addition he specifically mentioned tracking and follow up. I'd gather this is the tracking. Again it's not necessary that it work. It is only necessary that it quell the domestic pushback from Thai nationals against letting anyone in. 

If they want to put on a show, I'll make the popcorn.

My sole concern is the cost. Hell if they cut quarantine to 5 days I'll wear two of the damn things.

2 minutes ago, night_rider said:

I think the point is missed.

It's not necessary that it work. PM Anutin has proposed a 10 day quarantine. In addition he specifically mentioned tracking and follow up. I'd gather this is the tracking. Again it's not necessary that it work. It is only necessary that it quell the domestic pushback from Thai nationals against letting anyone in. 

If they want to put on a show, I'll make the popcorn.

My sole concern is the cost. Hell if they cut quarantine to 5 days I'll wear two of the damn things.

That's an interesting point.

Then, when eventually it's leaked out they don't work they can still blame the wearer for it somehow.

I'm sure A-nut-in here will come up with something bizarre - he hasn't failed before.

• Like 2

Just now, Phuketshrew said:

Muff diving should be fine but fisting may cause a few problems, especially if the device becomes detached.....

There will be a special school set up by TAT.

A 2 weeks curse, called:

how to use both hands. Work your muscles.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Muff diving should be fine but fisting may cause a few problems, especially if the device becomes detached.....

But you could tell when Ovulation was nearing and plan for the pregnancy that way if you dared....

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It might work quite well if they're full of flaws:

Can you imagine the number of bureaucrats, police, etc who will end up on thousand of wild goose chases?

After realising they are unreliable and costing time to chase false alarms, they'll be quietly withdrawn to avoid losing face.

Reminds me of the GT200 bomb detector.

And it'll work very well for those who cash in on the garbage. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fruitman said:

Even if i didnt mind to jump all the hoops, what's great about thailand now? Pattaya is closed, you need mouthmasks everywhere and you're farang so be double carefull....

Even the beach is closed, you can't smoke there, pools are closed, samui is empty.....

Why would a tourist go to thailand right now?

Ermm! Sunshine and warmth ring a bell,plus go to the beach and pools that have been open for a long time now,but that news seems to have bypassed your cave.

• Confused 1

just thinking back... I haven't worn a watch for 35 years

- because I kept smashing the glass whilst speaking flailing arm french through doorways...

and simply gave up on wearing them, when it used to cost $70 to replace and re-waterproof them

- I wonder if you get held to ransom bringing a broken one back? (like a scratched rental motorbike)  

4 hours ago, rooster59 said:

If a body temperature over 37.5c is recorded, an alert will automatically be sent to local health officials. 

"What you do bad tourist?"

"I laid in the sun by the pool."

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

If they are tested negative before arrival, and after quarantine, why the <deleted> have this bizarre situation ?

The only tools in the fight against the Covid-19 ripple are these people with the ridiculous, over the top ideas ! 

The over the top ideas that have seen Thailand virtually stop Covid infections you mean?

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

Looks like the bar girls and naughty massage places will have to wait longer for employment to be restored. What tourist is going to want to be pin-pointed while having a bonk?

Sorry, I forgot. Prostitution is illegal in Thailand, and does not exist anyway.

wait, does that mean I don't exist?

come to think of it, what is reality?