First British passport for child. Is it possible to apply at VFS Chiang Mai?

ozzmanrocks

Hello, I want to apply for my child's first British passport. I'm from England and the mother is Thai.

I want to know if anyone knows is it possible to apply for the passport at VFS Chiang Mai. I know it is possible to do passport renewals there , but not sure if first time passports are available. 

I have tried contacting the VFS, checked on government web sites and tried to contact the British Embassy in Bangkok all without success. 

Does anyone know if its possible to do this procedure in Chiang Mai or does it require a trip to Bangkok?

Thanks so much and sorry if this is posted in the wrong place. 

On 10/31/2020 at 10:18 AM, ubonjoe said:

I think it is possible.

Go through the steps here to confirm it. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

Thanks Ubon Joe, I did look at that before. I think it's possible as well, but just want to talk to a real person to confirm. I will book an appointment at VFS Chiang Mai and take the required documents and see what happens. Thanks again.

100% possible.

I applied for my 2nd daughter's (me UK, mother Thai) FIRST UK Passport at VFS in Chiang Mai around 30th September, got the new passport (VFS call you to pick up) around 24th October!

Didn't get any call or email from UK Passport Office, apart from a Covid delay email , no further info requested. I thought it was pretty quick!

Happy days! The staff at VFS were really helpful, they have a checklist to make sure everything being sent is correct.

One thing to remember is you need a copy of the witnesses passport as well!

Edited by falang1969
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, falang1969 said:

100% possible.

I applied for my 2nd daughter's (me UK, mother Thai) FIRST UK Passport at VFS in Chiang Mai around 30th September, got the new passport (VFS call you to pick up) around 24th October!

Didn't get any call or email from UK Passport Office, apart from a Covid delay email , no further info requested. I thought it was pretty quick!

Happy days! The staff at VFS were really helpful, they have a checklist to make sure everything being sent is correct.

hello   ill be renewing my sons passport i got his first one as soon  as he was born British passport i live near phetchabun is there snywhere near there how do i  go about renewing it do i have to go to BKK..the fist one an agent did  i had more funds then ..any help pls  

1 hour ago, Harveyboy said:

hello   ill be renewing my sons passport i got his first one as soon  as he was born British passport i live near phetchabun is there snywhere near there how do i  go about renewing it do i have to go to BKK..the fist one an agent did  i had more funds then ..any help pls  

Unfortunately you either have to make the trip to Bangkok, or use an agent.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 7:36 PM, falang1969 said:

100% possible.

Thank you very much for your help and sorry for the late reply!