Britain may impose new national lockdown from Wednesday - Times

rooster59

4 hours ago, VBF said:

Well i still have no idea what the geniuses in Whitehall  were discussing - I do know that the press conference was going to be 4:30PM, then 5:30, then....then finally it was at 6:30, yet the media seemed to have all the information well in advance.

Yes I'm in what was tier 1 (fewest restrictions) so no i'm not happy. I am pleased to say that the ridiculous "1 walk a day" idea from March is no longer included (I ignored it anyway!); now one can go out for exercise, shopping etc so for me it won't make much difference - I envisage having to walk to the supermarket every day...but none of that is the point. For many people it's just another stupid disaster which will achieve little. 

The problem is, it's all based on modelling put forward by Laurel and Hardy (aka Whitty and Vallance) which so far has been notoriously unreliable

And, as you say, it could get voted down on Wednesday, which could well paint Boris into a corner.

Me too, am in tier 1, very pashed even more pashed that I was due to fly to back to Thailand in just over two weeks time. That could probably be stuffed now as flight availability will restrict massively.

Saying that the potential figures for deaths in the over 60s quoted by Chris Whittey made me realise that some poor souls will have it much much worse than me.

Edited by Whale
replaced banned word
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Whale said:

Me too, am in tier 1, very pashed even more pashed that I was due to fly to back to Thailand in just over two weeks time. That could probably be stuffed now as flight availability will restrict massively.

Saying that the potential figures for deaths in the over 60s quoted by Chris Whittey made me realise that some poor souls will have it much much worse than me.

True but that word "potential" based on their hitherto totally inaccurate modelling is what concerns me!

Plus, as ever, they're calling all those tested positive "cases", which of course they're not....as I keep saying!