Air purifier/air filter recommendations?

Have a small condo...studio layout....40m2.......central Bangkok.

Looking out I can see the air quality rapidly deteriorating and, it might be my imagination,  feel I can smell the air and my chest getting tighter.

I am looking for recommendations for what to do/what to purchase to make the air in our studio as healthy as possible.

Thanks in advance for those kind enough to reply.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Xiaomi ones you can get in Lazada are good and cheap. Get the 3C or 3H, they’re under 4K baht.

1.  Unless a new AC with dedicated HEPA type filtration cleaning normal filters is not going to make much if any difference in air quality - they filter very little - but yes they should be cleaned an

Good point....but how come Hua Hin air quality is equally bad?

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Looking out I can see the air quality rapidly deteriorating and, it might be my imagination,  feel I can smell the air and my chest getting tighter.

I am looking for recommendations for what to do/what to purchase to make the air in our studio as healthy as possible.

Moving to the sea shore has to be a winner

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Good point....but how come Hua Hin air quality is equally bad?

I'm in Cha Am and the air here is good enough for my old lungs.

In BKK I cough and sneeze all the time

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Your air conditioner, especially newer ones that are kept clean, filter the internal air to an extent.

Running the air con (even if just the fan) and regularly cleaning the filters can help.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Grumpy one said:

I'm in Cha Am and the air here is good enough for my old lungs.

In BKK I cough and sneeze all the time

Got 6 wives on the go in Bangkok (take Sunday's off)...so reluctant to move.

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Peterw42 said:

Your air conditioner, especially newer ones that are kept clean, filter the internal air to an extent.

Running the air con (even if just the fan) and regularly cleaning the filters can help.

Very interesting...that had not occurred to me......thanks for that

• Like 1
Just now, Surelynot said:

Got 6 wives on the go in Bangkok (take Sunday's off)...so reluctant to move.

I admire you sir, but surely you could squeeze in the odd Sunday workout :cheesy:

• Haha 1
42 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

It all depends on what you want and what your budget is. I did a lot of research on this a few years back and went over the top in my investment, no regrets.

Our main bedroom is 48 square metres so I wanted something that would fire up pretty quick and take effect, our house is 320 square metres, so I also wanted something to be able to wheel it to other rooms if needed, sort of like a portable air conditioner, but as in a portable air purifier, e.g. wheeling into the girls rooms 20 to 30 square metres to provide clean filtered air for an hour or two, then back to ours for when we are going to sleep.

Like I said, no regrets but it all depends on your budget and to me it is a long term investment, sort of like the Rolex in watches, which I cannot afford, even if I could, I wouldn't but when it comes to health, sure can 🙂

If you do decide to go with this one, DO NOT buy it online as the warranty will not be covered, I purchased mine in Thailand, delivered to my door with insurance included.

https://www.iqair.com/th-en/room-air-purifiers/healthpro-series

Edited by 4MyEgo
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Giving that a try now......just need to check the cleanliness/replacement of the air filters with the landlord...cheers.

1 minute ago, 4MyEgo said:

It all depends on what you want and what your budget is. I did a lot of research on this a few years back and went over the top in my investment, no regrets.

Our main bedroom is 48 square metres so I wanted something that would fire up pretty quick and take effect, our house is 320 square metres, so I also wanted something to be able to wheel it to other rooms if needed, sort of like a portable air conditioner, but as in a portable air purifier, e.g. wheeling into the girls rooms 20 to 30 square metres to provide clean filtered air for an hour or two, then back to ours for when we are going to sleep.

Like I no regrets but it all depends on your budget and to me it is a long term investment.

If you do decide to go with this one, DO NOT buy it online as the warranty will not be covered, I purchased mine in Thailand, delivered to my door with insurance included.

Brilliant thanks...will look into this as well.

3 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Like I no regrets but it all depends on your budget and to me it is a long term investment.

Which one did you go for?....There seems to be quite a range

Those IQ Pro are tip top, but yeah a massive investment.

In my 80 sqm condo I have an older Xiaomi 2S for my office and a new Xiaomi Pro for the rest, works pretty well and total cost under 10k.

I monitor the air quality independently with a Thai made Air Tricorder (nifty gadget), and while the Xiaomi seems to always show less than it really is, both combined make a great job overall of cleaning the air.

IQ Pro is definitely better, but these days Xiaomi are so good I'm not sure they're worth the extra cost.

Unrelated, but your post made me miss single life...................

• Like 2