Infected foreigners have to pay for everything themselves, doctor assures Thais

rooster59

13 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

So, if they get it in Thai quarantine, infected by a Thai or bad hotel policy, they have to pay - talk about a pathetic scam.

Gets sillier by the day

I certainly would' not trust the hotel to always clean the rooms effectively after every negative case moved out. Perhaps they would after a positive case, but who knows. In any case I'd pack a can of disinfectant and spray the room from top to bottom. After all hotels feed the hospitals with patients don't they.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, robblok said:

I dont feel its offensive, just making sure that Thais dont see the foreigners as a burden. If i read the UK thread how many from the UK are angry if someone gets helped in their system and does not pay. Why would it be different for Thais better to make it clear that they would not burden the Thai healthcare. Stops the spread of rumors. 

A glowing example of what foreign tourists to the land of smiles can expect.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

How does paying falang price at a govt. hospital burden the Thai health system? it actually gives them more funds!

About 3 weeks ago I went to government hospital to see a urologist. As foreigner I paid a total of 53 Baht.

I'm sure they are still organizing parties from that windfall as we speak

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Youlike said:

That thai insurance covered for 100.000 us$ i read....so what if the final bill is 150.000? Who will pay the difference?

Agree that is not enough - get full Medical Insurance not just a cut down policy to appease the authorities

20 hours ago, John Drake said:

Because that is not the way public health policy works. The goal is to stop the infection, not figure out a way to gouge certain nationalities. That is how it is treated in the U.S. with regards to TB and other diseases. I don't know about COVID because I haven't been there in a decade, but I do know there is a law in the US that requires hospitals to accept patients for emergency treatment even if they cannot pay.

First time I ever heard that one.

16 hours ago, bobbin said:

My coverage is from Dhipaya Insurance Pcl.. It's not easy to remember the spelling so I checked Google. I saw that Roojai (broker) also offers same coverage for 850 Baht/year.

I bet that's for people under fifty. What about people over 75? How many people of that age don't have pre existing medical conditions?

in many countries, a Thai MIGHT, just MIGHT, get FREE coverage if they don't have insurance.

in Thailand, if a farang, oh.............................die.....................!!!!!!   

don't worry, this is your "home" farang.  really, you have picked a place to live forever around people who really care about you.   5555555

10 hours ago, EricTh said:

I am just wondering why some people are going through those hoops just to come to Thailand for a holiday?

Thailand must be heaven on earth.

What people? You mean the Chinese? If so, are they really tourists?

6 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Would personally give Thailand a wide berth until they man up, produce figures and stop forcing people into boxes. Every country everywhere is well infected, NOBODY is special, there is no us and them. Go down that road and you end up isolated and walking on eggshells. Next, they'll be saying there's no influenza there.

So essentially Thailand is Sweden except there is no testing to speak of outside of quarantine facilities. 
So this is what untreated, unaddressed SARS-Cov-2 in the wild looks like.  People getting sick and hospitalized, some dying of the things that people normally die from with the death certificates accurately detailing the causes of death - as opposed to testing the bodies for SARS-Cov-2 and if positive listing the death as caused by Covid.
So Thailand is a reflection of reality. 

"Just you wait!  Just you wait!  The bodies will be stacking up in the street.  Then you'll be sorry!!!'
Ok.  I'm waiting.  Without a mask.  Let me know when it arrives.  :dry:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, canopus1969 said:
4 hours ago, Youlike said:

That thai insurance covered for 100.000 us$ i read....so what if the final bill is 150.000? Who will pay the difference?

Agree that is not enough - get full Medical Insurance not just a cut down policy to appease the authorities

I don't know if it's enough but what if they reach the 100.000 costs...will they drive your bed onto the parking lot and say goodbye if you can't pay more?

I do have an healthcare insurance which covers for much more than 100.000$ but it won't cover the covid flue which is ridiculous since covid is a flue...not a pandemic.

Just now, Neeranam said:

Are you sure? 

Yes i asked my extended travel insurance and they said i was not covered for covid...i didn't ask my normal healthcare insurance though but i think it doesn't cover in Thailand...not sure though but that's why all Europeans left Thailand when covid broke out.