Infected foreigners have to pay for everything themselves, doctor assures Thais

rooster59

14 hours ago, khunPer said:

Thais are citizens in Thailand, aliens are not, and therefore aliens recommended to have a Covid-19 insurance, whilst the governments takes care of their citizens...:thumbsup:

I meant, no more money from me for the sick buffalo ... etc. just applying the rules both ways.  

• Like 2

On 10/31/2020 at 6:19 AM, Xonax said:

Is that in any way fair, if a tested and quarantined western tourist gets the disease from a Thai or a Chinese tourist in Thailand.  Do they want tourists to come and save Thailand or not?

They want contradictory things, simultaneously. I think they people in power are fighting a lot. Looks so. Must be so. In order to mass tourism to come back, more clarity is needed, as potential tourists risk losing lots of money. 

32 minutes ago, Youlike said:

I don't know if it's enough but what if they reach the 100.000 costs...will they drive your bed onto the parking lot and say goodbye if you can't pay more?

I do have an healthcare insurance which covers for much more than 100.000$ but it won't cover the covid flue which is ridiculous since covid is a flue...not a pandemic.

If your Policy does not cover Covid then suggest change to a better Company/Policy

Well, I actually think, after all these statements from Thai authorities, statements that reveal a certain mentality with regards to foreigners, that Thailand's reputation is somewhat harmed, and that this will reduce the number of tourists, coming to the kingdom, for a long time post-covid. But actually I think many Thais and some people in power in the country like that. They don't want these huge numbers of tourists coming to the country, as has been predicted. 2019's 40 million is already too much. They are getting tired of us. I think so. 

28 minutes ago, OumarhindaOunsingha said:

Well, I actually think, after all these statements from Thai authorities, statements that reveal a certain mentality with regards to foreigners, that Thailand's reputation is somewhat harmed, and that this will reduce the number of tourists, coming to the kingdom, for a long time post-covid. But actually I think many Thais and some people in power in the country like that. They don't want these huge numbers of tourists coming to the country, as has been predicted. 2019's 40 million is already too much. They are getting tired of us. I think so. 

Are you a chinese?

9 hours ago, ukrules said:
9 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

You'r wrong, I have a regular MANDATORY health insurance in my home country that covers just everything that comes on my way while abroad or at home. Disseases, accident, the whole lot.

Read the small print, does it mention 'emergency treatment' anywhere?

With COVID they are sending people who are not ill in any way to hospital for many days. This is not emergency treatment.

I also have a very comprehensive top of the line insurance policy and they provide cover for everything but the word 'emergency' is used as in emergency treatment - the words 'precautionary hospital isolation at the discretion of the government' are not.

I don't know about Albert, but my own regular medical insurance is certainly not limited to emergency treatment - everything is covered, inpatient and outpatient, routine and urgent. There could be a question from the insurer as to whether hospitalization under these circumstances would be considered medically necessary, but they would generally defer to the decision of the doctor supervising the care.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Really?? Insurance companies are masters of the small print and technicalities.

You are right but I think they'd find it difficult to wriggle out of such specific in and out patient Covid19 cover.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ventenio said:

in many countries, a Thai MIGHT, just MIGHT, get FREE coverage if they don't have insurance.

in Thailand, if a farang, oh.............................die.....................!!!!!!   

don't worry, this is your "home" farang.  really, you have picked a place to live forever around people who really care about you.   5555555

Well lets see realistically now UK  67 million people of which maybe 10 people really care about me, Thailand 70 million people of which maybe 10 people really care about me

I don't see the difference in the 'care about you' numbers......

12 hours ago, kingdong said:

Up to you,if you don,t like somewhere don,t go.

?

Re read my post mate?

I said Im despererate to get back there?

Love the country, love the people, love the food...benn going there almost 40 years now...The clowns in charge is what  bemuses/amazes me?

NO country is perfect.........Thailand certainly isnt! But I like it and want to get back there?

Maybe you confused my post with another one?

17 minutes ago, welshguy said:

?

Re read my post mate?

I said Im despererate to get back there?

Love the country, love the people, love the food...benn going there almost 40 years now...The clowns in charge is what  bemuses/amazes me?

NO country is perfect.........Thailand certainly isnt! But I like it and want to get back there?

Maybe you confused my post with another one?

Read your post and found it insulting to forum users,at the end it said" expand" which I later discovered meant there was more but had at that juncture read enough.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kingdong said:

Read your post and found it insulting to forum users,at the end it said" expand" which I later discovered meant there was more but had at that juncture read enough.

?

Confused , com for me mate?!!!

Insulting to forum members? Lost me there totally?  What part  of my post was insulting to forum members?

My post said, Im desperate to come back to Thailand? But..the powers that be, keep spouting out more and more brain dead ideas and plans every day? So I cant see me going  (ALLOWED) back to Thailand anytime soon,,,,because of these powers that be with their plans which change hourly???????????

Exactly what part is insulting to forum members? Honestly , Im not thick, Im no rocket scientist either...but  where do  I  insult forum members in my thread?

8 minutes ago, welshguy said:

?

Confused , com for me mate?!!!

Insulting to forum members? Lost me there totally?  What part  of my post was insulting to forum members?

My post said, Im desperate to come back to Thailand? But..the powers that be, keep spouting out more and more brain dead ideas and plans every day? So I cant see me going  (ALLOWED) back to Thailand anytime soon,,,,because of these powers that be with their plans which change hourly???????????

Exactly what part is insulting to forum members? Honestly , Im not thick, Im no rocket scientist either...but  where do  I  insult forum members in my thread?

go back and read your post,obviously pointless trying to exp!ain..

On 10/31/2020 at 11:18 AM, welshguy said:

I dont know why I look on this website!

More and more nonsense being spouted every day!

Surely they cant believe people (non Thais that is!) take the things they say seriousy!?  They are a real laughing stock...beggars belief!

Im a "snowbird"...Im desperate to get back out there...I keep reading the pathetic ridiculous nonsense these so called experts spout  ou day in and day out...............I can honestly say, each day that passes, and the "announcements" that are being made...just sees me further and further (if ever) from returning to Thailand.

Exactly where in my post am I insulting forum members?

Thanks in anticipation.

Infected foreigners have to pay for everything themselves, doctor assures Thais

can I quote Anutin? all foreigners are dirty smelly infected unwanted not needed and are a blight to Thailand and Thai values. OK, I won't quote.

I'm sure I know where this 'doctor's strings are being pulled from though...

On 10/31/2020 at 4:16 PM, Megasin1 said:

Many, many foreigners get free treatment in UK hospitals and the reasons are twofold, for one the NHS won't turn people away based on nationality as it is against their principles and two, the NHS is an admin nightmare whereby they are just so incompetent that they can't charge back to countries with which we have reciprocal agreements, never mind to those that we don't. However I don't see massive anger, riots in the streets or protests about this and perhaps people are a little more generous minded than you think.

Quite correct, I don't think Thai's could plan to come to Scotland for COVID treatment ????. Thai's that tested positive but no symptoms would have to self isolate for 14 Days. 

There appears to be a substantial sad & dark cloud way of thinking in Thailand now which is getting worse it would seem.. Their own internal Pandemic perhaps, though many, thank fully, may have Herd immunity....

"https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/workers-travellers-and-community-support/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-and-treating-overseas-visitors-asylum-seekers-and-refugees#:~:text=Legislation,and treatment of the coronavirus.

Legislation

The Scottish Government have introduced emergency legislation (The National Health Service (Charges to Overseas Visitors) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2020) so all overseas visitors in Scotland will not be charged for the diagnosis and treatment of the coronavirus.

Overseas visitors include:

• migrants (regardless of your immigration status)
  • overseas students
  • overseas workers
  • tourists and holidaymakers
  • refugees and asylum seekers (regardless of your legal status)"
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Best get the super-spreader insurance cover just to be safe... 

IMG_20201102_060058.jpg

absolutely sufficient if there's no problems/ infection. otherwise there's the upgrade ..... mazzilion dollars.. should cover you at the government hospitals, further upgrade if you want private. megamazagazillion dollars. worth considering if borders to china are opened...

50 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

Quite correct, I don't think Thai's could plan to come to Scotland for COVID treatment ????. Thai's that tested positive but no symptoms would have to self isolate for 14 Days. 

There appears to be a substantial sad & dark cloud way of thinking in Thailand now which is getting worse it would seem.. Their own internal Pandemic perhaps, though many, thank fully, may have Herd immunity....

"https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/workers-travellers-and-community-support/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-and-treating-overseas-visitors-asylum-seekers-and-refugees#:~:text=Legislation,and treatment of the coronavirus.

Legislation

The Scottish Government have introduced emergency legislation (The National Health Service (Charges to Overseas Visitors) (Scotland) Amendment Regulations 2020) so all overseas visitors in Scotland will not be charged for the diagnosis and treatment of the coronavirus.

Overseas visitors include:

• migrants (regardless of your immigration status)
  • overseas students
  • overseas workers
  • tourists and holidaymakers
  • refugees and asylum seekers (regardless of your legal status)"

That's generous of them,will they be paying for it,along with their "free" prescriptions and education? Or will someone else have to pick up the tab?to quote George orwell....all animals are equal,but some are more equal than others.

54 minutes ago, kingdong said:

That's generous of them,will they be paying for it,along with their "free" prescriptions and education? Or will someone else have to pick up the tab?to quote George orwell....all animals are equal,but some are more equal than others.

I don't get the anger here from all the foreigners. Why expect a foreign country to pick up the tab for a hospital when there is travel insurance available.

This minister is only making sure that everyone knows that the Thais are not paying taxes to help foreigners. Its not as if the Thai healthcare has enough money for its own people already it is still lacking and then they expect this healthcare to pick up the tab for foreigners.

I know that I would not like it in my country so why would Thais like it in theirs. Nothing is free.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, robblok said:

I don't get the anger here from all the foreigners. Why expect a foreign country to pick up the tab for a hospital when there is travel insurance available.

This minister is only making sure that everyone knows that the Thais are not paying taxes to help foreigners. Its not as if the Thai healthcare has enough money for its own people already it is still lacking and then they expect this healthcare to pick up the tab for foreigners.

I know that I would not like it in my country so why would Thais like it in theirs. Nothing is free.

You don,t get owt for nowt lad.

• Like 1