Bikini Run

roger101

6 hours ago, Kerryd said:

giphy.gif.2f1bab140f1a1bdbb7c1d7febe35d5c2.gif

The big rain this afternoon wasn't a good sign

however the bikini race has been finaly a success, unfortunately with very few

spectators, a lot of bangkokians have probably been discouraged to come

by the rain this morning and this afternoon

The sunset on the sea was nice tonight and there were a lot of sexy girls in the lot of the racers

The beach was packed tonight for Loy krahtong, 99% of Thais (Mostly from Pattaya and Chonburi area)

we foreigners were around 1 % of the crowd,

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

The big rain this afternoon wasn't a good sign

however the bikini race has been finaly a success, unfortunately with very few

spectators, a lot of bangkokians have probably been discouraged to come

by the rain this morning and this afternoon

The sunset on the sea was nice tonight and there were a lot of sexy girls in the lot of the racers

The beach was packed tonight for Loy krahtong, 99% of Thais (Mostly from Pattaya and Chonburi area)

we foreigners were around 1 % of the crowd,

Yes, many Thais on the beach in the evening. But at least for me extremely boring. Walked back after some minutes. Was there something Interesting going on that I didn't see? Girls in bikinis alone are not enough to entertain me. Also not Thais standing on the beach.

• Like 1

Yeah - went down there in the evening with a whole bunch of Thai friends and their families. We missed the bikini race but on the plus side we didn't get soaked. Saw some pics someone else put online and it looks like we didn't miss much.
(All those pics of really hot chicks running in bikinis are advertisements using models, not examples of what you will really see.) There were a few bikinis, and some guys in speedos, but it looked like most dressed expecting it to rain and be cool. (Shorts and athletic bras instead of bikinis.)

And, hilariously, they apparently were doing covid temperature checks and handing out masks to the runners at the start.

There was a concert happening right around the Central Road area of the beach, which we found out about as we were heading home.

Strange weather too. Didn't rain on us at all while we were at the beach but when we got back to the area around Pattaya Tai/Sukhumvit, it was drenched from a rain shower which didn't go across the Suk. 

Lot's of Thais on the beach. Beach road was full of vehicles even past 11 pm. The beach wasn't overly crowded, plenty of space to walk around or set up a picnic area. (At least that's how it was on the top end around Soi 1.)

The tide was going out and it revealed a sandbar about 20 meters out from the high tide line, made up of the sand that had been washed out from the rains. The beach itself seemed to be in decent shape.

Noticed at that end how they have channels deliberately built into the walkway (beach side) which lets vehicles get to the beach easily, and provides a natural channel for water to run from Beach Road straight onto the beach.

There was a small channel cut in the sand from the recent rain, just a few inches deep at the road side of the beach and it petered out before it got to the high water mark. You could just barely see the tops of a couple of those huge sandbags near the walkway. Seems there's barely 6 inches of sand on top of them in that area.

They definitely could use more garbage bins along there, especially during special occasions. We took a couple (shopping) bags of garbage with us as we were leaving and there were only 2 bins on the walkway as far as I could see looking both directions. Both bins were already too full to close the lids on.

I was watching other groups on the beach and in every case, when the people left they took all their garbage with them. Kinda wonder though what the area looks like at 6am, especially further down the beach where the concert was.

123026490_1038718513259400_74999449628989851_o.jpg.eaee687383a70ad30f16fa0d440ea1e6.jpg  123020271_1038717769926141_1456313510372140012_o.jpg.57868a420c6225466dc3ff8f1bf52daf.jpg

123137161_1038717473259504_6686854718066540678_o.jpg.3681bd74c94d4b089b5073dddf9d51b8.jpg  123073343_1038717879926130_7908905083442351740_o.jpg.d343b78b9691b81bbd9f999cf88c9201.jpg

123134277_1038718263259425_3517008627088381979_o.jpg.fe352f500e8bf44ae81f0c96e27c8637.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

The beach itself seemed to be in decent shape.

Yeah, this was shocking after the constant barrage of BEACH DEVASTATED! photos and hysterics here. Walked out onto the beach to observe kratong launchings, expecting a Grand Canyon, and found it quite nice, lots of Thais around enjoying. Certainly far better than before it was rejuvenated. I must make it a point to find these flood runoff channels where most of our posters hang out so's I can point and yell towards City Hall.

I love those first two photos .... and thinking about the supporters of Pattaya Discovery United football team, that have been warned about attending football matches while forgetting about social distancing.

Edited by TaaSaparot

On 11/1/2020 at 6:13 AM, Kerryd said:

(All those pics of really hot chicks running in bikinis are advertisements using models, not examples of what you will really see.) There were a few bikinis, and some guys in speedos, but it looked like most dressed expecting it to rain and be cool. (Shorts and athletic bras instead of bikinis.)

I dunno, looks real pics of runners in the Pattaya Mail writeup. Worth seeing those models anyway.

https://www.pattayamail.com/featured/pattaya-bikini-run-a-krathongloween-success-332007

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 1:32 AM, BigStar said:

I must make it a point to find these flood runoff channels where most of our posters hang out so's I can point and yell towards City Hall.

Give it 1 hour after the next heavy downpour and they will be there (run off channels) for all to see.....:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

looks like loy kroh rd after midnight...lurking in the shadows.......hellllll-ooooo   bai nai?  where u gooooo???

That's when my Run Foo training kicks in. 

Edited by Damrongsak
  • Haha 1