Greetings Thai visa members

In December 2019, I posted a similar request. Here I am with a new request on the same topic

I have a Non O - A visa with an expiry date of 28th December 2020. I have the required health insurance as mandated by Thai Immigration. I have one year of income stats coming from USA to a Thai bank. More than the required 65,000 baht per month. These are International wire transfers

My queries are:

1. Are there any advantages from changing O - A to a Non Imm. O visa. As stated earlier, I already have the health insurance.

2. If you suggest that I stay with the O - A visa, what are the forms required to perform this..Could I download the forms on line. Without going to the Chiang Mai Immigration to pick up the forms

3. When can I do this..my expiry date is 28 December 2020

I hope that the aforementioned is clearly stated by me.

Thanks in advance

Respectfully

James

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It appears he hasn't has an extension at all yet, it is the permission to stay that expires 28/12.  

its your extension that expires on 28th December not your visa that expired on June 2020, its the terminology that can lead to confusion your extension is based on a Non imm 'O''A' visa, that can

Yearly O retirement visa has no insurance requirements. I paid 1900 baht and think that agents are for dummies.

1.  If you have Health Insurance and can renew the policy in the future then I do not see an advantage to change to an Non O(others will disagree).

2.  TM -7 and probably an updated TM-30.  Proof of International Transfers for the 65,000 or Baht coming into the country. Just use the “Google” to find the forms.

3.  For CNX I have extended up to 45 days before my expiration date(don’t know if this is still true or not).  

what expires on the 28th December. the actual visa you obtained in another country, or the permission to stay stamp you got at a border on your last entry, or is it an extension you got at local immigration, that you are calling a 'O' 'A' visa

The permission to stay in Thailand was extended to 28 December. 

I got the O A visa in another country in June 2019. Good until June 2020.  I left Thailand in December 2019. I re-entered Thailand in December 2019. At the Bangkok suvarnabhumi, the visa was extended to December 28 2020

So now my visa expiration is  28 December 2020. That is the date that I am dealing with. Thanks

36 minutes ago, eljuwa said:

The permission to stay in Thailand was extended to 28 December. 

I got the O A visa in another country in June 2019. Good until June 2020.  I left Thailand in December 2019. I re-entered Thailand in December 2019. At the Bangkok suvarnabhumi, the visa was extended to December 28 2020

So now my visa expiration is  28 December 2020. That is the date that I am dealing with. Thanks

its your extension that expires on 28th December not your visa that expired on June 2020, its the terminology that can lead to confusion

your extension is based on a Non imm 'O''A' visa, that can not be changed to a non imm 'O' visa without leaving the country and re-entering

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have an O with a 12 month extension expiring in Feb 2021.

I’m stuck in Australia.

The Embassy here tells me and others that the 0 is no longer accepted for entry...

And now we retirees have to apply for an O-A to get back.

Just FYI..

• Like 1

I am totally confused

I will visit Chiang Mai Immigration soon

Let the chips fall where they may

Thanks for your help

Cheers

I will need to find out for myself

16 minutes ago, eljuwa said:

I am totally confused

Thanks for your help

Cheers

I am literally in the exact same place you are as far as time of visa and all that for my OA visa, I used an agent. Cost was 13,000bht for extension, 3,000bht for ins and 1,000 for single entry total was 17,000hbht..... I went to immigration to have pic taken for like 2 minutes. 

This was my first extension and using an agent was so stress free.

2 hours ago, Upnotover said:

It appears he hasn't has an extension at all yet, it is the permission to stay that expires 28/12.  

yes your correct, i missed that, its all this calling an entry stamp an extension of the visa

• Like 1
17 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I am literally in the exact same place you are as far as time of visa and all that for my OA visa, I used an agent. Cost was 13,000bht for extension, 3,000bht for ins and 1,000 for single entry total was 17,000hbht..... I went to immigration to have pic taken for like 2 minutes. 

This was my first extension and using an agent was so stress free.

Yearly O retirement visa has no insurance requirements. I paid 1900 baht and think that agents are for dummies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
17 hours ago, eljuwa said:

I am totally confused

Thanks for your help

Cheers

2 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

This is about O-As not Os.   

For people in Thailand who hold an O-A entry permit or extension, obtained before the insurance requirement was introduced, it's not possible to change to an O as that requires travel out of the country and back.

For some, an agent is the only answer as the fee allows you to obtain the unobtainable as if by magic.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

This is about O-As not Os.   

For people in Thailand who hold an O-A entry permit or extension, obtained before the insurance requirement was introduced, it's not possible to change to an O as that requires travel out of the country and back.

For some, an agent is the only answer as the fee allows you to obtain the unobtainable as if by magic.

Earl is my stalker, I don't mind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
34 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

And I think some folks are skint and can't afford the things that make life easier.

• Like 1