Renew 5 years license - No Peripheral Vision Color Test - Where

ricklev

What is the peripheral colour test ? Here in Pattaya they have a large round 3 colour chart and the guy points at various different parts in fairly rapid time and you call out the colour.

The peripheral test is just a very small red light on the left & right, if I remember rightly you press a hand held button as soon as you see the light on either side.

Never come across what you have described, so you see different colours in your peripheral vision and call it out ?? Is that correct ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

What is the peripheral colour test ? Here in Pattaya they have a large round 3 colour chart and the guy points at various different parts in fairly rapid time and you call out the colour.

The peripheral test is just a very small red light on the left & right, if I remember rightly you press a hand held button as soon as you see the light on either side.

Never come across what you have described, so you see different colours in your peripheral vision and call it out ?? Is that correct ?

Yes, two different tests.

The color test is stupid. If a seeing eye dog can figure out the lights, so can we.

36 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Thanks.  Maybe I will go to Pattaya.  I can see the lights, just can't distinguish colors.  Is the Pattaya office conveniently located from central Pattaya?   

I think I will go to Morchit tomorrow and see if I can slip by.  The woman at Bang Chak 5 years ago seemed to enjoy telling me to come back the next day and then failing me again.  In a previous post at the time someone else commented on having the same experience.   

5 minutes ago, Legendary Monkey said:

Do guide dogs have to qualify for a driving licence?

'Woof Wrff grr'  ... just answering for a friend.

Translation ... 'Yes but instead of  a human license lasting 5 years dogs only get one valid for 8.5 months'.

• Haha 1

I'm at Morchit now.  Thought i would give it a try.  The peripheral color test was a woman standing behind me holding three wands with colored discs.  She held it to a random side with a ramdom color i had to call out.  Much easier than the machine at Bang Chak.  I passed with 3 for 3 although I was guessing slightly with the first red one. 

Watching a video in Thai now.   

• Like 2

Just drive at a fairly high rate of speed.  Upon entering an intersection, if you go through and crash into someone and kill them it would probably mean that you cannot tell the difference between red and green and at that point you should surrender you rlicense.

32 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Just drive at a fairly high rate of speed.  Upon entering an intersection, if you go through and crash into someone and kill them it would probably mean that you cannot tell the difference between red and green and at that point you should surrender you rlicense.

Well played!  I see what you did there. You think i might kill someone because of my low light peripheral color difficulty and you wanted to let me know.   Thanks.   

Edited by ricklev

On 10/31/2020 at 7:56 PM, cjinchiangrai said:

Yes, two different tests.

The color test is stupid. If a seeing eye dog can figure out the lights, so can we.

Think about what your saying here!  its not all about you!  the test is mostly for Thai people is it not? This is why they are so good at light colors....

I failed the colour test which was a piece off paper with various dots on it . The paper was jaded as it was so old and then to help the guy holds it up against the window with sun belting in . So I answered 5 and failed on red/green . Obviously I can tell traffic light colours no problem and never had an accident in 20 years driving . 
The testers response was come back tomorrow and try again !! Yeah as good nights sleep my eyes will magically be fixed ???????? . Now after seeing the pathetic fines handed out for no license I have decided to just pay the fine and drive about with my old Thai license and valid uk license. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seeall said:

Think about what your saying here!  its not all about you!  the test is mostly for Thai people is it not? This is why they are so good at light colors....

"They are so good at light colors" What does that even mean?