Is Thailand currently allowing visa on arrival?

18 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Not possible for a Brit.

I don't think this is entirely true.

I THINK 'brits' that have residency in other countries qualify for STV, perhaps someone can confirm.

I have a 'brit' friend who's resident in ME currently looking into this, he's not been to UK for many years so having a 'brit' passport is a moot point ( maybe )?

1 minute ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I don't think this is entirely true.

I think she meant a Brit that is in the UK.

There are a few embassies issuing STV's and the new single entry tourist visa without legal residence in the country where they are located.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Reports from uk that internationsl travel out of england will stop this thursday for 4 weeks. People scrambling at airports to get last minute holidays before the deadline.

Lockdown Thursday yes.

The scrambling at airports though is fake news. The new regulations were only announced late saturday night so there is no way on earth that thousands of people could have booked a holiday and flown out first thing Sunday.

The airports may have been busy but with holidaymakers who had already booked trips , these are unaffected by the lockdown providing their flight is before Thursday.

• Like 1

On 10/31/2020 at 7:33 PM, will2021 said:

Hi,

I am a British passport holder.  Just wanted to know if I can enter Thailand using visa exemption

Thanks,

Will

No visa on arrival, you must apply at the UK Thai embassy before any travel.

Or direct a direct question to "ubonjoe" he will give you all the details you need.

2 hours ago, overherebc said:

Reports from uk that internationsl travel out of england will stop this thursday for 4 weeks. People scrambling at airports to get last minute holidays before the deadline.

Not sure that's wise, that's how people got stranded last time.

On 10/31/2020 at 7:33 PM, will2021 said:

Hi,

I am a British passport holder.  Just wanted to know if I can enter Thailand using visa exemption

Thanks,

Will

Never mind what Nationality or Passport you have, mission impossible at present and probably for some time.....

Thousands of people with wives and/or children in Thailand are unable to come back to Thailand even though they have annual retirement Visas. Only 300 foreigners a week are currently being allowed into Thailand. People from high covid19 risk countries are at the bottom of the list. Contact the Thai Embassy in the UK to find out the exact details of what is required. A basic guide is a covid19 test, a doctor's letter stating that you are healthy counter signed by the Thai Embassy (the test and letter must be done within 72 hours of your flight), prepaid 2 weeks of quarantine in Government approved Quarantine Hotels, $100k covid19 insurance to cover your whole holiday and a pre booked and paid for hotel for the remainder of your holiday. In other words you can't just hop on a plane to come to Thailand now.

Edited by JusticeGB
Added a sentence