SuperRich and other money changers still open for business...?

mikey88

I was wondering if the lack of tourists has effected the big money changers...?

Is SuperRich and the others still in business...?

And any idea what they are offering for the $AUD....?

I’m trapped out of Thailand because of COVID and trying to get back .

Su-pah Lich!   Money No 1!   The shop by Zoe always told me to go to the Loy Kroh when I needed to switch from Baht to USD..just had to keep my eyes open walking outta there on isaan granny road with a pocket of cash!

Fun fact..in case anyone didnt know there is also a SR in Swampy airport -BKK in the basement where the secret 7-11 is....as its my first stop when I arrive to switch over the pocket full of usd to baht I bring with me instead of getting stuck with those crazy ATM fees.....and can dump it back into my thai bank account...sorry granny ????

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2020 at 9:03 AM, Dante99 said:

555 Not like you should not have had the same concern going in with USD cash.

SK is so much better.  Who would do business with a company named Super Rich? Of course, the guys that work at Super Big Dicks.

Thanks for that...yes I forgot about SK...

Its a pretty important issue for me....trapped outside Thailand...I was wanting to bring in my dollars because in the past I always used to get a better rate than electronic transfer..

Could be a disaster doing that now though...if I can’t change them easily and if the agencies are gone..

40 minutes ago, mikey88 said:

Could be a disaster doing that now though...if I can’t change them easily and if the agencies are gone..

You have been told some are open and you can check their websites and call them to confirm.  Simple phone call to avoid disaster. 555

I changed 500 Euros I had stashed away at SK 10 days ago at their Charoen Prathet office, east side of street right past railway bridge - sapan lek - (loh kroh) 4 way with Charoen Prathet. They are open all day, but not as late as they once were - say 9 to 5 and they will be there.

I am sure I could also have cashed them at Bangkok Bank. SK happened to be more convenient.

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2020 at 2:07 PM, Caldera said:

SuperRich is generally open, but of course I cannot guarantee that all their branches are. If it's a major hike for you, it might be a good idea to call ahead to ask. As for exchange rates, they're published on their website.

Thank you appreciate it..

I will ring for sure.

Just wanted time get members direct experience...

On 11/12/2020 at 1:37 AM, LomSak27 said:

I changed 500 Euros I had stashed away at SK 10 days ago at their Charoen Prathet office, east side of street right past railway bridge - sapan lek - (loh kroh) 4 way with Charoen Prathet. They are open all day, but not as late as they once were - say 9 to 5 and they will be there.

I am sure I could also have cashed them at Bangkok Bank. SK happened to be more convenient.

But the rate at the Bank would have been much worse....no..?

My experience was that the big money changers were always a Baht or so better.