I Would Like to Thank my Mother….???

ASEAN NOW Golf

I Would Like to Thank my Mother….???

14975M.jpg

Yes, how often have we heard those immortal words at the Oscars. Winning an Oscar is a big deal in the entertainment world, as are the numerous awards handed out each year to the top golf courses.

Ask most hard-working General Managers will agree, winning is good for business at their golf club. So, they will try their hardest to grab a few accolades from associations and from the media.

Certainly, Black Mountain becoming   the first course in Thailand to be included in US Golf Digest’s list of the Best 100 Courses Outside the United States, was a big deal and well deserved.

share-logo.png

Also good news for new kid on the block, Chee Chan being named "Thailand's Best Golf Course 2020 at the 7th World Golf Awards.

However, some awards are more genuine than others. Let’s be honest, for a publisher, awards can be very profitable, so we all know if you book a double page ad and pay for a table at the awards dinner, good chance that publication will give you a gong as well. 

As a golf journalist I have witnessed a room full of golf club managers and owners, all padding up to receive awards, ranging from the best clubhouse to the best on course catering. If you attended you won an award!

Viewers Comments

We at Golf in Thailand encourage you our viewer to comment on a course you have just played, so others can gain from your comments and reviews.

OK, we accept that all courses have their good and bad days, and sometimes comments might cover a course maintenance issue, slow play or soggy fairways.

But over 365 days I am sure that course maybe a pleasure to play.

Many have told us that a lot of the greens have suffered during the recent tropical downpours, ideal climate for the dreaded moss to grow.

Still overall we all have our favorite golfing experience, so hopefully in 2021, we will ask all you loyal followers of Golf in Thailand, to place your online votes for your Favorite golf course in Thailand and maybe the best par 3, 4 and 5 too.

The peoples vote has to be up there for any golf club to win, so I am sure you will not let us down.

Mike Bridge, Thaivisa Golf

golf-banner.gif