Calls to give foreigners who buy a condo residency in Thailand

rooster59

On 11/1/2020 at 11:21 AM, KhunKenAP said:

Doubt this will ever happen, but if it does, hope they make it retroactive to the expats that have been here for years and have already made major investments in houses and other investment vehicles.

I rarely laugh, but.... 

1 hour ago, HaoleBoy said:

Here's an updated list of countries and the amount of investment needed to "buy residency".  Investment can be buying a house or other types of investment in the country.

https://apexcapital.partners/blog/list-of-countries-giving-citizenship-by-investment/

That’s for citizenship.  Permanent residency can be much less expensive.  Mexico, for example, only requires that pay a few hundred dollars (USD) in fees and show savings of US$108k in your bank account (doesn’t need to be a Mexican bank either).

On 10/31/2020 at 8:55 PM, RandolphGB said:

10 millions baht! Thais don’t have a clue. If they want investment in the country, they need to treat people (other than Chinese) with decency and give them some security instead of changing visa laws every month.

I have lived here almost 20 years, on work visas, then non o "retirement" and next up non o "marriage". Have not ever noticed any significant changes in the visa process, certainly none that significantly impacted my renewal year after year after year. Never understood these claims of endlessly changing requirements. 

As for the idea of residency for investment, i hope they strongly consider the experiences of other countries that have done this, to me a slippery slope to solve a private sector issuw of overbuilding....which will probably lead to future overbuilding and calls for more lax residency rules and eventually here will be overrun. 

A bad policy idea imo, let them clear the market with the rules as they stand. Price is a great way to influence buying....oh but they don't want to lower prices i bet, they want more motivated buyers....

9 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

In what way are the Thai authorities treating you like a criminal?

And if you feel that way, why on Earth are you here?

It must be ok for me, as I am still here and loving life in Thailand, love the people, the culture and the country.

We are all responsible for our choices after all and we all knew what this place was like when we rocked up here.

oops sorley i missed your post.

In what way are the Thai authorities treating you like a criminal?

Don't you think 90 day reporting and Tm-30 reporting is treating you like you have committed a crime ?

I would like to see a crime before being checked.   what you think ? good no good ?

what about the nastiness with the marriage visa, home visit intrusion , all ok for you ?

makes me think of this ( see below ) pictures of people in there bedroom, whats that all about, ?  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,  OMG.

also why was the TM-30 an old law, booted up the ladder of xenophobia ? for love ?

The real criminal  bad guys are not foreigners.

look in the mirror Thailand.

p.PNG

Edited by quake

8 hours ago, chainarong said:

Remember,  if this ever happened which it wont , it can also be reversed. If Covid 19 taught us something , never take anything for granted, especially when away from your country of origin. 

Why take anything for granted in your country of origin?????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, berrec said:

Good old Thailand, everything in the country has a monetary value catch attached to it!

So if i buy two $5,000,000 Baht Condos I get a 10 year residency Visa.

Would point out buying yourself a wife, and putting 400k in the bank would probably be cheaper, and with less risk of loss.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1