Calls to give foreigners who buy a condo residency in Thailand

rooster59

18 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The media also reported that people like retirees, teachers and professionals could be given long term status for investing 3 million baht though exactly what they meant by this was unclear. 

Clear that up then ????

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

How longer you gonna beat that dirty Farang statement for Christ sake 

It was tongue in cheek!  And first time I've ever said that.  It was a joke!!!

1 hour ago, Strongheart said:

Anyone who sinks THB 10 million into a condo in Thailand should have their head examined.

There are many who own condos that much and way more.  THB 10 million doesn't buy you much in the better neighborhoods in Bangkok.

39 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Anyone with 10 million baht to invest doesn't worry about visas. Just buy an elite one or get someone to do it for you yearly.

Permanent Residency is not that great a thing anyway. 

Not true.  That money is for a place to live.  And once paid for, you can live her very cheaply.  Many can afford a 10 million Baht condo.  But don't have another 10 for an elite visa.

• Like 2

It will not happen for two reasons; Thais like your money but not your presence. Secondly, a permanent residency allows the holder to buy any condominium, irrespective of allotment. 

In other words, a PR holder can purchase condominiums in the 51% allotment of a building (but can sell it only to Thais or another PR holder). Secondly, a PR holder does not have to proof the origin of money which does not have to be transferred into Thailand. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

More BS it will never happen and why is it just Condo owners there are 1,000s who get a property via the company route . A Thai can go to most countries around the world and buy a property there are zero restrictions but they don’t want smelly ,dirty diseased festering foreigners buying property in Thailand .

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, thaipod said:

Yes and report to your immigration office and pay 1900 Baht every 12 months..

For the Chinese a small price to pay to escape having your every move monitored under surveillence and controlled more and more by the Chinese State.

17 hours ago, misterjames said:

They are getting desperate aren't they? ????

Well my be, Foreign money coming into Thailand goes directly into Thai Foreign reserve account  boosting their ability to pay for foreign debt as you can't pay in Thai currency  . Once the condo has been paid for the Foreign money is virtually their. This keeps a low exchange rate as the value of Thai currency increases. It also makes interest on Foreign Bank accounts very low as they don't need it. 

I don't change money into Thai Baht on Deposit Accounts  until I need to, then it goes into my  current account.

Give it until end of 2021 and they will be handling out Thai-Passports and Free Barfine Coupons to anyone investing over THB 2 mill. in real estate and promising to stay more than 3 months.

The Thai Economy is already destroyed. Give it more time an we will see much more willingness towards foreign investors.

Edited by khunpa
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Keesters said:

Should have done this long ago. Too little too late. 

But they have in other ways like 20,000 Baht having to be kept in a Thai Bank for an OA retirement visa.

400,000 Baht for a category O multi entrance visa . They want to Foreign money it cheap to obtain this way.

If they would have to borrow off the IMF it comes at a high price . 

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I agree with your premise on worrying about visas but it's two different schools of thought for me. If you are thinking to emigrate to Thailand properly then direct to citizenship or obtaining PR then citizenship is essential. Thus PR is important. 

If not, and you consider and recognise your status as a temporary visitor only, with no desire to integrate, then PR is unimportant. 

I agree that PR is useful if you're going for citizenship if not married to a Thai, but not much else. As I am married to a Thai I didn't need it to apply for citizenship.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gumballl said:

It is what the gov't does after consuming a few cocktails... they spew out laughable ideas.

It’s not an announcement by the Government it’s a recommendation by the Thai Condominium Association to the Government.

Too many cocktails eh.

32 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

More BS it will never happen and why is it just Condo owners there are 1,000s who get a property via the company route . A Thai can go to most countries around the world and buy a property there are zero restrictions but they don’t want smelly ,dirty diseased festering foreigners buying property in Thailand .

I don't think very many dirty foreigners are going to pay 20,000000 Baht for a condo ,they have more sense.

• Confused 1

That's a laugh. Nothing will change in Thailand as long as the dinosaurs and those who have privilege to control everything and jail anyone continue one with their massive cult. But there could be a lot more Thais looking to leave Thailand for what they think of as the civilized world. The young generation in the streets won't last here so there's a whole horde of potential condo buyers that will leave.

9 minutes ago, StevieAus said:

It’s not an announcement by the Government it’s a recommendation by the Thai Condominium Association to the Government.

Too many cocktails eh.

But the Government ratify it as it's in their interest.

What insane lunatic would sink any money into a corrupt country that is about to fall off a cliff in so many ways. Even if I could get back I wouldn't bother going. Too many far better non crooked options now. Thailand has had it now and will just slide back into the 3rd world.

Funny as always???? Even if I had that money laying around. No way!! I’m quite deep into the BKK condo market due to my gf’s job and we bought a 2nd condo to rent it out. All I can say is that they + 10 Mio condo market is super super difficult once you wanna resell it!!!

Most Thai ppl in BKK buy condos from 1.5- 5/6Mio Baht. After that there’s a huge gap and it gets interesting again in the luxury market starting at 20/25Mio. 
There’s a reason why many condo owners in the 10Mio Baht segment struggle to even find people to rent it and in the end have to decrease the rental/ reselling prices.

Edited by SpanishExpat
  • Thanks 2

Love the pics ....  yes  this is the real Thailand ...tourist   never see 

My wifes Condo is in pleaaseant enough  area  35  minutes  from Bangkok  central  

But  these  pics show  what it is  like 5 mimutes  from the Condo

5 minutes  from main roads with  1 million  Baht  cars  bumper to bumper  for  50 klms 

There  is   poverty   still in Thailand  I think where  half you  ex-pats  live  never see this  the  real  Thailand 

Crowded  filthy  pockets  where 1000,s  live and call a home  they   do the best with what they have  and seem happy friendly non  racist

people...

It is  the  middle   class and  rich  that are the racist  in Thailand  as they see visitors  as a threat the  their  control 

10,000,000  baht  for  a condo no  way  hosie ....who  now  wants to live in Thailand  

Apart from the Chinese  wanting to get out of commy China  and get away  from the  crowds  ..hahahaha

Good luck  Thailand