10,000 Lantern release MaeJo Dhamma Centre 2020

2 minutes ago, onebir said:

Very pretty, but those cause all kinds of problems - fires & cattle ending up eating wires... that I know of.

And they just stay where they land are are visible for months afterwards, stuck in trees and laying on wasteland 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CorpusChristie said:

And they just stay where they land are are visible for months afterwards, stuck in trees and laying on wasteland 

But you must understand, they are na rak, suay duay and sanook mak! :jap: 🤪

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

And some more .......... not as many monks chanting, but the moon was very bright in the sky.

Then a drive along the klong to release our kratong at the local temple ........ that was packed with people.

IMG_20201031_201111.jpg

IMG_20201031_201343.jpg

IMG_20201031_202121.jpg

IMG_20201031_211608.jpg

IMG_20201031_211840.jpg

Selfies a poppin no doubt..lightiing up FB with posts and likes...a dirty farang free zone...mostly

Bringing happiness back to the people....

• Like 1
3 hours ago, PatOngo said:

But you must understand, they are na rak, suay duay and sanook mak! :jap: 🤪

jing lor?.....jing jing!!!! you no understand thai people!!!  ok then explain it to me...mai dai..solly  cannot..u falang

7 hours ago, onebir said:

Very pretty, but those cause all kinds of problems - fires & cattle ending up eating wires... that I know of.

It is very bad. But without it it is boring.

2 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

jing lor?.....jing jing!!!! you no understand thai people!!!  ok then explain it to me...mai dai..solly  cannot..u falang

Ahh! I have a slight inkling! 🤪

7 hours ago, onebir said:

Can't let a clean, pristine, livable environment get in the road of a little sanook, now, can we! :jap: Khup phoom!

Very nice. Lots of fireworks this year.

Seems like the locals were letting off a good bit of steam after what so far has been a quite <deleted>ty year.

Good for them.

• Like 1

"And they just stay where they land are are visible for months afterwards, stuck in trees and laying on wasteland"

Untrue. The rice paper-like material degrades very fast. Anyone actually familiar with the situation knows this. 

"Very pretty, but those cause all kinds of problems - fires & cattle ending up eating wires... that I know of."

I have have never heard of fires being started by lanterns, nor anything about animals eating wire...please provide links to verified information on your claims. 

• Like 2
46 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

What about the metal frame and the wick, how long does that take to degrade ?

The frames are bamboo not metal.

• Like 2