Why Thai women get sick after being wet by the rain ? something special in Thailand ?

solafr

15 hours ago, Adiudon said:

I think it is more of a sinus irritation problem or natural body reaction than a virus or bacteria. 

If you come from a normally humid atmospheric area like Europe and stay in an AC hotel room with the cold dry air constantly blowing, your sinuses/ throat will become irritated for a few days.

I think Thai nasal sinuses react to the colder damp conditions during the rains, fooling them into thinking they have caught something.

Possible yes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ezzra said:

Thai people and women in particular exhibit uncommon and illogical behavior and have quirky traits about them, been here for 35 years and still i get puzzled to their way of life, thinking and doing things, having said that, i'm still here and loving it...

Some question the meaning of life, but I have to agree on your post about women. esp thai- asian women..

"why are you doing that"?  you no understand thai people. ok explain it to me. mai dai..solly..cannot.. u falang!

Also like that if i speak thai i learned it from a thai "gf"...I counter if they speak english they must have a grandpa

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2020 at 5:36 PM, solafr said:

hello,

Many times I was under the rain with girls, and then the next day they were sick, at least with a sore throat.

Is there any reason to be sick after being wet by the rain ? Even when raining it's never cold here, so why being sick ?

Is it a virus or bacteria / germ ? And why without knowing the cause they always take antibiotics ?

Thank you, I really want to know.

They are not officially sick until they have stumped up 2 weeks wages for a test !

On 11/1/2020 at 1:07 AM, TC17 said:

Great question!   My wife is very tough, not frail, and yet the same thing happens.  A stuffy nose for a day or two.   I wonder if it is real or psychological.  But she seems to have real symptoms of a sinus infection.  

weak immune systems would be my guess

• Haha 1

Just now, Stevemercer said:

Yes, but just one time in your life you will be sick after rain, coincidentally, and Mrs Possum will be vindicated for all time!

Possibly, but it has not happened in the 15 years I have been here, I have had the very odd sore throat or runny nose though.

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2020 at 12:36 AM, solafr said:

hello,

Many times I was under the rain with girls, and then the next day they were sick, at least with a sore throat.

Is there any reason to be sick after being wet by the rain ? Even when raining it's never cold here, so why being sick ?

Is it a virus or bacteria / germ ? And why without knowing the cause they always take antibiotics ?

It is cold here for me this time of year.

We've recently had over night temperatures of 20/21C and that means cold to me as I don't have to use the Aircon.

My recent early morning walk is usually with a light jacket.

When I go back to the old country and it's mid teens or lower I literally freeze and even wear a fleece indoors.

I have acclimate to the hotter temps of the 30s up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

hello,

Probably the same reason most of them get sick in cars or buses,  good on me; saved another topic. 555555555

• Haha 1

On 11/1/2020 at 3:08 AM, samsensam said:

i guess it depends on the class of thai you hang out with. i've never dated anyone who didnt have one and as far as i know all my thai friends all have hot showers

It probably depends on the farang they live with.....

• Haha 1

hello,

Mine gets a bad headache and has to get in the shower asp. Really panics when she gets caught in rain without a brolly. Don't know what she'd be like in the UK.

• Haha 1