Jump to content

Recommended Posts

They seem to occupy the same gray area the old EDs once held for long stayers like myself who don't qualify for retirement or marriage visas.

 

You guys think they're safe for a full year? The part that unnerves me is that there's no 90 day checkin requirement, unless I misheard. Big fee to get the visa but then after that you have a full year with no hassle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Couldn't you volunteer to bribe people ?

I don't see flip flop on rules regarding posts about using agents. What I do see often is boring crusaders with too much time on their hands

You have do to voluntary work unless you bribe people, which is illegal and shouldn't be discussed here.

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Couldn't you volunteer to bribe people ?

Would that not classify as a voluntary donation rather than a bribe?

Edited by fangless
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, fangless said:

Would that not classify as a voluntary donation rather than a bribe?

Yes....I stand corrected...then you would need a proper work permit....ha ha ha ha

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

OP, a friend of mine obtained one.

Not cheap but all legit. He will be doing 90 day reports. Helps if you entered Thailand on visa exempt or tourist visa as simple process for agent to obtain non O and subsequent annual extension. All up you end up with ~ 15 months..

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2020 at 1:07 AM, Hal65 said:

You guys think they're safe for a full year? The part that unnerves me is that there's no 90 day checkin requirement, unless I misheard. Big fee to get the visa but then after that you have a full year with no hassle.

No hassle as long as you volunteer at something or are you asking about a visa to just hang-out for a year?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

No hassle as long as you volunteer at something or are you asking about a visa to just hang-out for a year?

 

Yeah, essentially an ED replacement. In Pattaya if you paid 5k instead of 2k there was no school check by immigration (Other provinces either don't check or strictly check without an option to pay for no check).

 

I have heard of no such arrangement regarding the volunteer visa. All the agents say no volunteer work is needed though.

 

I guess it will be 'ok but no guarantee' just like it has always been on these gray area visas. I've gotten used to it by now. The world has bigger problems than Visa crackdowns at the moment

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hal65 said:

 

Yeah, essentially an ED replacement. In Pattaya if you paid 5k instead of 2k there was no school check by immigration (Other provinces either don't check or strictly check without an option to pay for no check).

 

I have heard of no such arrangement regarding the volunteer visa. All the agents say no volunteer work is needed though.

 

I guess it will be 'ok but no guarantee' just like it has always been on these gray area visas. I've gotten used to it by now. The world has bigger problems than Visa crackdowns at the moment

Your talking about 2 different things.

How did you enter Thailand. Visa exempt, tourist visa, or ?.

The volunteering option is where agent obtains you a non O. (90days). Subsequently will obtain annual extension based on volunteering. That will give you a stay of ~ 15 months. 

Correct you will NOT be doing any volunteering. Not cheap. Approx 50k.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, johnray said:

I can't think of any legitimate volunteer work in Thailand.

There are many legit volunteer options that are not obtained by agent. They have formal requirements such as letter from organization etc. A popular one is Soi Dogs in Phuket. Not far from airport. Many others. 

This thread is not about those. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...