Two foreigners among five new Covid-19 cases in quarantine

rooster59

Two foreigners among five new Covid-19 cases in quarantine

By THE NATION

800_ba21c05deca83f6.jpg

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration reported five new cases in state quarantine facilities over a 24-hour period on Saturday.

Three of them were Thai nationals -- one from Bahrain and two from the UAE. The other two were a Pakistani and an Indian.

Meanwhile, five patients have recovered and been discharged.

The total number of confirmed cases in Thailand has risen to 3,780 (832 in state quarantine), 131 of whom are in hospital, 3,590 have been discharged and 59 have died.

As of 9am on Saturday, according to Worldometer, the total number of confirmed cases worldwide had risen to 45.89 million (up by 573,616), 33.24 million have recovered, around 12.65 million are active cases (83,363 in serious condition) and 1.19 million have died.

Thailand ranks 147th for most cases in the world, while US tops the list with 9.31 million, followed by India at 8.13 million, Brazil 5.51 million, Russia 1.59 million and France 1.33 million.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30397099?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-01

On 11/1/2020 at 6:11 AM, RichardColeman said:

yeah, yeah, and 150 odd in tests per million

What I don't get is the 59 who died in the last nine months whilst 300 a day are dying in UK.  Is the Thai Health system so much better than the ones in Europe?  Perhaps someone has made a mistake in the figures; perhaps the same statisticians who work for TAT?

• Like 1

My entry into LOS with Thai Nationals...

Do you know that per the Thai Embassy in the USA that the Thai folks need NOT test before departure, like the rest of us did (within 72 hrs)?

I asked the Airline about this and their inane response was "Well they are Thai returning home so we give them a break"...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PumpkinEater said:

My entry into LOS with Thai Nationals...

Do you know that per the Thai Embassy in the USA that the Thai folks need NOT test before departure, like the rest of us did (within 72 hrs)?

I asked the Airline about this and their inane response was "Well they are Thai returning home so we give them a break"...

As has been said before , Thailand cannot refuse their Thai nationals from returning home - Covid negative or positive - so no point in testing , but they still go through 14 days quarantine like anyone else.

Refusing entry of non-nationals who are Covid positive makes sense because it reduces the risk of introducing more infection into the country, and reduces exposure to other travellers, quarantine staff & other healthcare workers.     

Makes sense to me.