PM pleased' with report on reduction in poverty last year

rooster59

5 hours ago, djayz said:

When up in rural Isan, I haven't noticed  any drop in poverty. If fact, I'd go so far as to say that not a single thing has changed. So, who are these poor people who have benefited so much? 

Never believe numbers you haven't falsified yourself. 

The poor millionaires who finally made it from 55Million to 100. Million and are now not more considered poor.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

Quite right, she doesn't look impoverished. Good job the PM on that one person.

are you guys wearing bibs to stop the drooling/slobbering .... she's out of our (league) reach  555

Edited by Mavideol
  • Confused 2

8 hours ago, rooster59 said:

the number of poor people dropped to 6.24 per cent (4.3 million) from 9.85 per cent (6.7 million) in 2018

But wait a minute, wasn't (and isn't) there a huge pandemic going around since 2020 which is costing millions of jobs leaving hundreds of thousands of people much poorer?

Its like bragging about your plane maintenance record in 2019 while you are sitting in an airplane going straight down because both wings broke off just a minute ago. 

6 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Oooow, I got hard when I saw her pix.  There is something about her that I find appealing.   I wonder if she would like to spend some time with an old cucumber farm from the bush?  ????

Pathetic and juvenile bar-stool talk.

6 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

Oooow, I got hard when I saw her pix.  There is something about her that I find appealing.   I wonder if she would like to spend some time with an old cucumber farm from the bush?  ????

.. she could be the dominatrix in a S & M dungeon with that stern sucking a lemon look with cucumber sandwiches after a good flailing off her .. 

Edited by Justgrazing
Sp
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Damrongsak said:

"... the number of poor people dropped ..."

How many dropped dead? 

Quite a lot committed suicide because they were too happy in the Land of Smiles.

There's no way that the given numbers are true. Pinocchio's nose got longer and longer. 

12 hours ago, Grumpy John said:

This is a family-oriented forum, no place for your adolescent fantasies. Go have a cold shower.

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

you didn't go to the right market ....  some folks bought a new umbrella,  a new table,  or a fan maybe.

second hand from those who had to flog their possessions maybe

Well gotta hand it to the PM for seeing the glass half full. From 2015-18 poverty levels increased in the Kingdom. Wonder how 2020 gonna look... here’s the kicker... poverty level is making less than $1.90 USD a day! Please tell me I am wrong.

https://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2020/03/03/thailands-poverty-on-the-rise-amid-slowing-economic-growth

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, steven100 said:

More good work by Khun Prayut Chan O Cha. Keep helping the poor and needy and keep creating jobs, jobs, jobs and more jobs, that's the only way an economy can function, people need salaries to spend.  

The  only jobs he's created are "big  jobs"