BEC World laying off 30 per cent of its workforce to cut cost amid economic crisis

BEC World laying off 30 per cent of its workforce to cut cost amid economic crisis

By The Nation

800_54e2341e86099b5.jpg

Patcharasri "Kalamare" Benjamas

Media company BEC World, the operator of TV Channel 3, on Friday announced it was laying off 30 per cent of employees, including celebrities Patcharasri "Kalamare" Benjamas and Kulnadda "Nina" Pachimsawat effective from the end of December because of Covid-19's impact on the economy.

In a statement, the company said the move was aimed at reducing its operating cost due to fall in revenue during the economic slowdown and other crises.

"However, workers who are being laid off would receive compensation and benefits in line with the law," the company said.

Later, Patcharasri said on her Instagram on Saturday that she had worked with TV Channel 3 for 23 years.

"I understand the current situation and respect the company's decision," she said, adding that there would be no Kalamare today if there were no Channel 3.

"Channel 3 is part of my family, so I am ready to assist the company anytime even though I am no longer an employee."

She added that she does not have a plan to work with other TV channels and believed that the company had made the best decision.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30397106?utm_source=category&utm_medium=internal_referral

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-01

On 11/1/2020 at 5:59 AM, RichardColeman said:

tourism down 75% exports down 10% and companies laying off 30% of its employees and its still gonna be -7.8% gdp ? Just how daft do they think the public is ?

They think the general public are very gullible and will believe everything they say.