Four approaches proposed due to labor shortage in industrial sector

Four approaches proposed due to labor shortage in industrial sector

Praphorn Praphornkul

9cad4c820698862943d2e0e776f927eb_small.jpg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The industrial sector has reported a shortage of laborers despite increased unemployment brought on by COVID-19 as many migrant workers have been unable to return to the Kingdom.

Private sector entities via the Thai Chamber of Commerce have proposed four possible ways to aid unemployed individuals and the industrial sector, to the Senate Committee on Labor.

Vice President of the Thai Chamber of Commerce and Chairman of Labor Strategy and Skill Development Poj Aramwattananont outlined the four as encouraging businesses to offer flexible working hours starting from a minimum four hours to retain workers and draw in new employees; maintaining privileges for foreign workers to reinforce international confidence; enhancing skills through e-Learning, and creating a Big Data powered Digital Platform for domestic and foreign laborers.

nnt.jpg

-- © Copyright NNT 2020-11-01

• Haha 1

ok i only got anecdotal evidence, but a girl i caused an accident for became unemployed cause the hdd factory closed due to governments lock down, i suggested she could take up an offer made by another company but they also got forced to shut down due to governments lock down policy.

or short version, i think this is bs, i got friends that went unemployed due to lock down also, not to mention half the small businesses around here has shut down due to governments lock down policy

Edited by scammed

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Vice President of the Thai Chamber of Commerce and Chairman of Labor Strategy and Skill Development Poj Aramwattananont outlined the four as encouraging businesses to offer flexible working hours starting from a minimum four hours to retain workers and draw in new employees; maintaining privileges for foreign workers to reinforce international confidence; enhancing skills through e-Learning, and creating a Big Data powered Digital Platform for domestic and foreign laborers.

I have a fifth that flies in the face of wealthy industrialists:  Pay middle-class wages instead of the neo-feudal wages that normally are paid, i.e., share some of those billions you greedy b****** sit upon while lording over the commoners.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 3:45 PM, ThailandRyan said:

No they will pick up a shovel, but they use no common sense when actually working.  For some they just can not think outside of the box and make the correct deduction to change what they are doing when they meet an obstacle.  Case in point:

image.jpeg.9fd466842143180d7158faaa33e46405.jpegImage result for THailand road paving with poles in the middle

Sorry, if this post seems negative to someone who has been criticizing my posts in another OP, but I am not being negative I am just pointing out the facts.

Do you blame the labourer with the shovel for putting the pole in the middle of the road, or the "educated" Thai who told him to put it there?

2 hours ago, Leaver said:

Do you blame the labourer with the shovel for putting the pole in the middle of the road, or the "educated" Thai who told him to put it there?

I think you'll find that the pole was there first...........

Reminded me of the pic from UK where the workers built bollards around an area but their van was still parked in it. I couldn't find the pic but this was close - https://metro.co.uk/2018/12/01/bungling-workers-trap-themselves-in-front-yard-after-building-fence-around-van-8198309/