Early U.S. voting surges to new record as Trump, Biden make late push

rooster59

3 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And on the off chance that he loses? Will not a few of his supporters also look silly? Maybe even including you?

i don't do politics my friend. you can play the left vs right game all you want. 

and absolutely trump supporters will look rather silly if he loses. 

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And yet in your original post you chose only to cite how some would like if Trump wins. This post is a kissing cousin to I-don't-support-Trump-but...

that's some mighty fine conclusions you have drawn there. don't let me stop you.

where did i say anyone would like it. you are putting words into my mouth. i said the entertainment value for some will be glorious. i don't really like much of the politics that goes on here but please don't tell me that it is not entertaining.the gong show that is the don and america have become a laughing stock. dems thinking voting joe biden in will help that image ? good grief. 

ill reiterate again. i do not follow politics. left vs right is simply fodder used by rich people to keep poor suckers busy. 

remember to get out there and vote. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, mr mr said:

that's some mighty fine conclusions you have drawn there. don't let me stop you.

where did i say anyone would like it. you are putting words into my mouth. i said the entertainment value for some will be glorious. i don't really like much of the politics that goes on here but please don't tell me that it is not entertaining.the gong show that is the don and america have become a laughing stock. dems thinking voting joe biden in will help that image ? good grief. 

ill reiterate again. i do not follow politics. left vs right is simply fodder used by rich people to keep poor suckers busy. 

remember to get out there and vote. 

So voting does make a difference? Why? After all, "left vs right is simply fodder used by rich people to keep poor suckers busy." 

34 minutes ago, J Town said:

If he does win this election, it will be due to apathy and/or cheating.

and here in lies part of the big issue this time. neither side believes the other. you cheat. no you cheat. no way we are the clean team. no way we are the best. 

the wheels on the bus go round and round. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, stevenl said:

He's just hedging his bets.

if i had to chose i would be independent or libertarian ? can't stand the smugness of liberals and republicans believe in some far out stuff. 

Edited by mr mr
sp

11 minutes ago, placeholder said:

To be truly democratic would mean that them what gets the most votes wins.

Right, but the United States of America is a union of states.  Each state has the candidate with the most votes winning, they then effectively have one vote per state.

No one would agree for their country to be part of a union of states if they weren't allowed the same voting rights as much larger states.

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Non-Americans are quite bemused by a voting system that allows that to happen.

As a union of states, it makes perfect sense to me that each state should have equal power in electing the ruler of the union.  Otherwise a small state would have much less say than a larger one.

It seems perfectly democratic to me.

• Confused 3