Face scanners Tesco

Tagged

20 minutes ago, mrwebb8825 said:

There has been a recent upswing in a new Facebook challenge where they encourage people to wear 1 mask into the store then switch with 1 from the shelf replacing it with the 1 they wore in. Tesco wants to shut them down. :wai:

These masks are less than two baht each now and a box contains all the same in the box. A bulk buy of 50 in Big C is 89 Baht. Mrs Owl has told me that Tesco want their customers to wear their (Tesco) masks. They are more expensive in the Tesco store at 49 for 20; but a nicer colour. In the 20 baht shop you get 15 for 20 baht; but the quality is just not there.

Mrs Owl washes my mask every week. It's the first thing on Mrs Owl's check list when we go to town:

01 Mask

02 Shopping list

03 Lucky numbers

04 My ATM card

I'm sure there will come a time when the big boys will give a mask free at the entrances. And in their colours. Tesco; red white and blue. But predominately blue. Big C; yellow and white.

The girls are lucky in that they can match colours in three different clothing items. Fashion masks are here to stay.

i think its a hint to what the future holds,

next step is eye scan at birth and eye scanners

all over the world to check every last individuals whereabouts

at all times.

part power grab and part in response to technology,

soon enough any individual can cause more havoc on society

with modified virus/improvised explosives/jammer of aircraft

then an individual could when all he got to his disposal was a blunt club

Edited by scammed

In Bangkok busy BTS station have had cameras for months. They focus on face. but show whole body, and display temperature.

I believe at Tesco one can simply place one's had in front of it. Or at very least your hand in front of your face. That will tell you what they are interested in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scammed said:

i think its a hint to what the future holds,

next step is eye scan at birth and eye scanners

all over the world to check every last individuals whereabouts

at all times.

Who and why would anyone want to follow someone elses every move ?

OK, some extremist people need to be monitored , but why would anyone want to follow normal peoples every move ?

If thats what you want to do, just send them a facebook friend request  

• Confused 1

The scanner is set too low for me to use it.

50% or more of people can't be bothered to wait in a queue to use it so they just walk past.  

The scanner when I have tried using it is too slow.  It needs to be almost instantaneous and even then if there a lot of people coming into the store the queue very quickly grows in to the dozens of people.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

These masks are less than two baht each now and a box contains all the same in the box. A bulk buy of 50 in Big C is 89 Baht. Mrs Owl has told me that Tesco want their customers to wear their (Tesco) masks. They are more expensive in the Tesco store at 49 for 20; but a nicer colour. In the 20 baht shop you get 15 for 20 baht; but the quality is just not there.

Mrs Owl washes my mask every week. It's the first thing on Mrs Owl's check list when we go to town:

01 Mask

02 Shopping list

03 Lucky numbers

04 My ATM card

I'm sure there will come a time when the big boys will give a mask free at the entrances. And in their colours. Tesco; red white and blue. But predominately blue. Big C; yellow and white.

The girls are lucky in that they can match colours in three different clothing items. Fashion masks are here to stay.

Every week Geezus Disgusting 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, owl sees all said:

01 Mask

02 Shopping list

03 Lucky numbers

04 My ATM card

I am surprised ATM is not N°1. With the rallies going on we should be careful what colors we put on, including masks. 5555555 LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jomtienisgood said:

I am surprised ATM is not N°1. With the rallies going on we should be careful what colors we put on, including masks. 5555555 LOL

You are so right. ATM first.

My mask it the camouflage one. Like we had in special forces. Just nostalgic.

• Haha 2

These have been in China for over two years at least. You scan your face,/eyes and attach it to your wechat  account or bank card, put in a passnumber, as well as attaching a store card if they have one. From then on you simply scan your items , type in your number, stand in front while it  scans your face. and you pay automatically. simple and useful, especially  if there is a queue or you do not have your phone or card with you.

Nothing to do with face masks.

1 hour ago, zhorik said:

These have been in China for over two years at least. You scan your face,/eyes and attach it to your wechat  account or bank card, put in a passnumber, as well as attaching a store card if they have one. From then on you simply scan your items , type in your number, stand in front while it  scans your face. and you pay automatically. simple and useful, especially  if there is a queue or you do not have your phone or card with you.

Nothing to do with face masks.

I know; But here we are not up to that level of technology yet. Sooooooon to be..

At my Tesco store there is a small desk to the left of the entrance where a girl used to check temperatures, hand out the alcohol gel and get those willing to sign a clipboard.  It lasted just a couple of weeks but now the desk just gathers dust.  The staff dont wear masks but rather look at you strangely if you do.  Most locals seem to think its all over.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ireland32 said:

Every week Geezus Disgusting 

Mine is actually Special Forces issue. It is supposed to be washed.

1967608218_Themask.png.17e0d0c071638b22fc8be64b11477a33.png

Had it for 40 years. If it can stop sand and grit, I'm sure it can stop little viruses

Edited by owl sees all
  • Sad 2