Wishing Phuket Well

jimihendrix

13 minutes ago, beechbum said:

If anyone for some strange reason thinks of posting something negative  re the OPs post, keep it to yourself. 

Why? Are we not all entitled to our own opinion on anything/everything here on Thai Visa.

For a start, I personally find it offensive that someone's posting name is his. Beechbum is OK, as would Beachbum be, but to use jimi's name is not OK.

Or maybe it is. I shall re-register as seanconnery, nobbystiles or bobbyball.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Old Croc said:

The psychologically flawed can't even let one Phuket post go by without infecting it with their bile.

If you are referring to me, I did not say anything against the OP except that I thought his using jimihendrix, to me, was unacceptable.

I posted in answer to beechbum, who said no-one should post anything negative about the OP, and I said that everyone has a right to their own opinion. Sorry if I offended you.

4 hours ago, KannikaP said:

If you are referring to me, I did not say anything against the OP except that I thought his using jimihendrix, to me, was unacceptable.

I posted in answer to beechbum, who said no-one should post anything negative about the OP, and I said that everyone has a right to their own opinion. Sorry if I offended you.

If you want to identify yourself as one of the people described, so be it.

This is an opinion forum and of course everyone can express theirs. The people to whom I refer are small minded idiots who make off topic, hatred posts against one particular Province usually because of their own shortcomings when they once visited one town.

I have my own opinions about them and sometimes express them.

If I believed the sentiment you expressed in your last sentence was genuine, I would respond.

Edited by Old Croc
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/1/2020 at 8:07 AM, jimihendrix said:

As Obama was being voted in during a financial crisis I somehow found myself legally working in Phuket.  I didn't know much about the place or country.  Growing up in the west it kinda gets overlooked by China/Japan.  Of course I fell in love with it instantly.  Somehow the fairy tale went on and on.  I'd leave thinking it was time to try something else, and always end up getting asked to come back again.  It became home.  Eventually after 10 years on and off I decided it was now or never for trying out the west again. Was hard to leave but always knew I could come back. After 2.5 years in New York City the current situation hit.  Now I find myself back home looking at whats to come.  A lot has changed.  A lot of perspective gained. Now I'm trying to use this time to get health/diet together. To spend as much time with family as I can.  And finish some schooling that will give me a more open opportunity to make a return to Thailand with a more stable ground.

No where is perfect but the third of my life spent in Thailand just seemed more magical than any other part.  So to all those still there.  I hope you're doing well.  Hope your business, friends, family, are making it through this tough times. Hope to see you all again real soon in the next year or two.

Good will and Compassion.. ????Sadly lacking these days ????

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jimihendrix said:

Guitar got me every single visa/workpermit I've ever got in Thailand.  I'm from the same place as Jimi Henrdrix.  He's my hero.  

Your name is offensive cause you're clearly one of the back home loser foreigners masquerading as fake thai name so you can stay an anonymous piece of <deleted> on a message board ????

This thread is exactly what I thought would happen.  I got to express how I truly felt (which is genuine love for Thailand).  I got to see that theres genuine good folks there.  And I was reminded of the jaded people that are miserable there.  Still wish the best for Phuket.  Especially the depressed foreigners who don't realize how good they have it!

If six turned out to be nine, I don't mind! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I was first here in 1974... retired here FT in late 90s... it still holds that charm and magic that you mention... though for me, so much more so in the countryside as Phuket is too touristy for me... it gets better as you get out and around... 

And I never miss NYC... 

• Like 1