Any owner of a Sur ron Light bee here?

consulb

15 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Kawasaki bikes and Honda bikes etc available why would you want to pay silly money for an import. 

Look at what these bikes are. Honda, Kawa etc don't offer something comparable. Not sure what the import duties are for electric bikes.

OP: what's the price quoted by the shop you talked to?

18 minutes ago, eisfeld said:

Look at what these bikes are. Honda, Kawa etc don't offer something comparable. Not sure what the import duties are for electric bikes.

OP: what's the price quoted by the shop you talked to?

My bad thought it is was just an Oz off road bike. 

OP apologies no interest in that I'm a petrolhead. 

A supersport bike like at IOM thats battery powered would interest me if I had the dosh and it was available in Thailand but probably no because TIT. ????

@eisfeld

There are two sellers on Lazada, but they not have stock and have to import the bike first also.

Seller A Price 130.000 THB, need 75  days and i have to pay 50.000 THB deposit

Seller B Price 160.000 THB need 30 days and deposit is 50 %.

But this is to risky for me.

This bike is very light, only 50 KG, easy to put in the back of a pick up. It is very impressive. There are a lot of videos on YT where they compete against 125CC or even 450CC

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

A supersport bike like at IOM thats battery powered would interest me if I had the dosh

A bit off topic but a Renault Clio E-Tech hybrid car with its F1 derived technology would interest me but alas not available here.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

A bit off topic but a Renault Clio E-Tech hybrid car with its F1 derived technology would interest me but alas not available here.

Well part battery yeah ???? in Thailand everything here is watered down IMHO and Thailand may have assembly plants here for battery technology but that's about it.

When I bought my Isuzu 1.9 I asked if I could have the bio-turbo engine , they said there's no such thing.

There right in a way because Thailand dealers no nothing of the outside world.

5 hours ago, consulb said:

@eisfeld

There are two sellers on Lazada, but they not have stock and have to import the bike first also.

Seller A Price 130.000 THB, need 75  days and i have to pay 50.000 THB deposit

Seller B Price 160.000 THB need 30 days and deposit is 50 %.

But this is to risky for me.

This bike is very light, only 50 KG, easy to put in the back of a pick up. It is very impressive. There are a lot of videos on YT where they compete against 125CC or even 450CC

Send me a PM and I'll try to put you in contact with my friend. He's always happy to promote EVs.

11 hours ago, Sunmaster said:

He's always happy to promote EVs.

The only thing that EV's promote, because that's all they have, is zero speed torque or off the line acceleration. 

Maybe there is more but...

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Confused 1

• 7 months later...
On 11/2/2020 at 9:16 AM, VocalNeal said:

The only thing that EV's promote, because that's all they have, is zero speed torque or off the line acceleration. 

Maybe there is more but...

They are lightweight and silent, the back wheel doesn't spin throwing dust up. They look like a lot of fun that won't upset the neighbors etc.  I'm definitely interested.

Edited by Smithson