Phuket: "Graveyard Patong" - where even the 7-Eleven is shut

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to worry. General Prayut will fix it all on Monday in Phuket and Tuesday in Samui. He will have all his lucky necklaces on.

I went to Patong for the first time a few weeks ago and have to say the photo does not exaggerate. The Hotel we stopped at was very well priced and room was excellent. We only walked down to the beach

I feel so sorry for the tuktuk drivers who charged us 200 baht for a 200 meter ride...😝    

Posted Images

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Same sort of thread on the Samui, Pattaya and Chiang Mai subforums.

However it's only to be expected when apparently no tourists are coming and only local Thai tourists. Can't expect long stay expats to be picking up the slack.

I'd like to see some threads about Thai communities to see if they are having the same problems. I can't see Lamphun being a "ghost" town as hardly any farangs lived there and I never saw farang tourists.

I'd expect life to be much as it was before corona.

Phuket town is doing ok, We spent 3 days in Nakorn Si business as usual over there we've also been to Trang, Trang itself was ok but not the beach areas they were dead.

• Like 2

Where I live I think the 7/11's are just about hanging in there, when I go in none of them are busy, I go in 2 or 3 different ones, upto now 2 family marts have closed shop and stripped all the fitting out.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
49 minutes ago, bdenner said:

An ideal time for the governments to do some seriously needed infrastructure improvements/repairs, eg. drainage, road and sidewalk upgrades, bury some of those unsightly cables etc.

They were fixing Patong beach road end July ... at least a small part .. other than this, investment seems scarce.

Phil.

• Like 1