STV: Leave 14 day quarantine alone says Koh Samui tourism association

4 hours ago, webfact said:

A leading figure on the Thai tourist holiday island of Koh Samui has urged the Thai government to keep state quarantine at 14 days. 

They said that after a previously quarantined  French woman tested positive on the island half of all bookings were cancelled. 

A good call, Anutin should stop playing games, one mistake like this lady and havoc will follow.

A handful of foreign tourists as apposed to many domestic ones... Samui lost this time, don't make the same mistake again.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, rupert the bear said:

isnt it 10 days now,thats what anutin said last week i was led to believe??its confusing .i really dont have any idea whats going on  as they dialogue keeps changing!

The dialogue changes every 5 minutes but as yet the quarantine rule hasn't, it's still 14 days.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

A good call, Anutin should stop playing games, one mistake like this lady and havoc will follow.

A handful of foreign tourists as apposed to many domestic ones... Samui lost this time, don't make the same mistake again.

Samui's  been losing for  years, over  built and over  run.

35 minutes ago, Tidybeard said:

How sad you have all become, wrapped up in your mother's security blanket like little kids !

The average age of death around the World is 82.4 years old... and they are mostly people with other significant illnesses. For the whole population the death rate is about 0.3% depending upon who you believe, but here in Thailand where we all get plenty of sun and hence Vitamin D, out immune systems will be stronger than average, so we should have even less trouble than other parts of the World.

What do you think is going to happen when Thailand eventually has to open as 20% ++ of it's economy is missing..... we are all going to get exposed just like the rest of the World and guess what - you won't even notice - as 99.7% of us will be fine. 

Whilst I cna agree  on the paranoia it doesnt explain  other hot  sunny countries where its run amok.

I mean really... think about it. 10 days or 14 days... it doesn't really matter. If you have to go through the hoops to set up and participate for 14 days... what is a mere 4 day reduction. Not much.

• Like 2