Average price of golf in the USA...for comparison with Thailand

Berkshire

53 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Most of us who grew up in the west may have gotten used to not having a caddie.  But I personally enjoy having a caddie around and don't mind paying for it.  There was a couple of courses in CM that had a COVID promo where golfers could decide not to employ a caddie.  A couple of my friends went without caddies and boy, did they slow us down.  But people need to understand that we're not paying for PGA-level caddies.  Mostly, it's someone to clean our clubs/balls, fill in divots, rake bunkers, mark our balls on the green, and generally cater to our basic needs.  And if she happens to be a cutie, well, certainly doesn't hurt.

My experience is caddies slow the golf down, often I'd get to the ball and they would be 100 yards behind, or slow getting to the tee so have to wait for the club. They might speed up some players but certainly not all. The day none of us had a caddy at Greenwood we went round in 3.5 hours, we loved it

• Like 2

21 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

My experience is caddies slow the golf down, often I'd get to the ball and they would be 100 yards behind, or slow getting to the tee so have to wait for the club. They might speed up some players but certainly not all. The day none of us had a caddy at Greenwood we went round in 3.5 hours, we loved it

I hear you.  We were riding carts, so there was no caddies falling behind.