Anutin in Samui: PM has told us to get ready for foreign tourists

webfact

2 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

...and still no way to return for those on NON-O Retirement Visas or Extensions. Tourists welcome but those of us who have homes or family in Thailand are barred from re-entry. No way to renew extensions whilst out of the country either. 

crazy isn't it. it's almost like they don't want single old men to come back to Thailand.

o-a can come back?

Edited by GeorgeCross
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

So the 100.000 USD insurance is another Thai scam? 

Well the fine print in the covid insurance policy may say that it's voided as Thailand is in a State of emergency. Any excuse not to pay out.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

crazy isn't it. it's almost like they don't want single old men to come back to Thailand.

o-a can come back?

Yes O-A can return, check with the consulate in your country for the requirements.

1 hour ago, khunPer said:

I you have family – i.e. wife and/or children – you have been able to enter for long time. Your extension of stay based on "retirement" has nothing to do with permission to enter.

Agreed, of course yes if natural children of the foreigner but many expats are not married to partners with children who are not related to the foreigner but live as a family. They still don't qualify.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

o-a can come back?

Yes, O-A Visa holders are currently permitted to enter subject to Covid test, CoE, quarantine etc.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

and have seen their tourism industries devastated by the pandemic but while the industry is desperate to get it started again the authorities have been mindful of local opposition. 

yes lets remember that. the posters on here who feel sorry for the thais, when even the ones who work in tourism industry don't want us back. dont just blame the government when the thais dont want us back.

35 minutes ago, outsider said:

I wonder which foreign tourist would look at an itinerary like that and say "Yes, I want to go to Thailand now!"

Circus animals have less hoops to jump through than arriving tourists in Thailand.

There are different types of 'tourist'.

Friends wih a villa here on Samui have purchased elite visas and are due in Samui 22/11. They are currently in Germany waiting for their flight to Bangkok.

Other friends, again that have villas here, are waiting for STV's when they can get to either Phuket of Samui. They do not want to be in Bangkok for quarantine.

The last group that are trying to get here are 'snowbirds' who come to Thailand every year for the winter. They stay in hotels anyway But not 5* ones.

Obviously, the mass tourists who only come for 2 weeks or less - forget them

Edited by Tropicalevo

5 hours ago, khunPer said:

I you have family – i.e. wife and/or children – you have been able to enter for long time. Your extension of stay based on "retirement" has nothing to do with permission to enter.

Soieddie the OP was referring to the extension of stay based upon retirement obtained here within the Kingdom, not a Non-Immigrant O based upon family or marriage. Currently the Non-immigrant O extension based upon Retirement is not being admitted to Thailand. To return, the retiree now must apply for the Non O-A to be eligible to proceed for the COE. So the permission to enter based upon a non-immigrant O based upon retirement does absolutely have everything to do with it. Soieddie has a legitimate grievance. If they are letting the Non O based upon marriage in and the Non O-A based upon retirement, why are they not letting the Non-immigrant O based on retirement in? There can be only one answer for this. They are discriminating against this category for whatever reason. 

Edited by Tounge Thaied
  • Like 1