MG unveils world’s largest solar carpark in Thailand

snoop1130

10 hours ago, DrTuner said:

That's a very good idea. Given the prices of solar panels are plummeting, it's a bit surprising how little of it is in use in Thailand, especially since there's a lot of sun.

I have solar for my pool....and I don't have storage. I want the house on solar, but unfortunately in Thailand, the prices of batteries, lithium batteries like Tesla etc., puts it way out of reach. Lead/acid are ok, but old tech.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DrTuner said:

That's a very good idea. Given the prices of solar panels are plummeting, it's a bit surprising how little of it is in use in Thailand, especially since there's a lot of sun.

Incentive to change from the norm is needed to make the average Thai understand the savings.

The cost of installing solar as apposed to just paying the monthly bill now is hard for some to comprehend. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

I have a house off grid with solar panels . I use 200AH truck batteries to store the power . Inexpensive and  works just fine for the last 3 yrs .

You have done well, in a truck here they do not seem to last that long.

14 hours ago, ronaldo0 said:

Makes sense . Most people spend about 2 hrs in places like Tesco etc so they can get their car charged while doing the shopping and it would attract people to that shopping area also if they had electric vehicles.

Not me, twenty minutes max, fifteen of those chosing craft beers. Can't chaarge my Ferrari that quick!