4 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

I'm saying this is a thread dedicated to his memory. Whether he was an artist, politician or footballer... doesn't matter, he has positively affected millions around the world. Whatever you say doesn't change that. 

So why can't I say he turned into a junkie/alkie after being a good footballer.

Ned Kelly was very good to and loved his mother. That doesn't mean he was a hero. Always two sides to everything.

I as often as I can watch UK football on tv but I don't hero worship. It's just entertainment.

• Like 1
  • Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One  of his epic moments:    

TV bitterness is flowing as expected. Is it the fact he had more talent in his little toe nail than you all combined....   In '87 the man single-handedly took the equivalent of a modern day

The man is not a legend. He was a cheat and not worthy of the name legend.

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Ned Kelly was very good to and loved his mother. That doesn't mean he was a hero. Always two sides to everything.

I as often as I can watch UK football on tv but I don't hero worship. It's just entertainment.

That's fine, but millions around the world do think he's a hero. Let them remember him in that way.

If you disagree fine, you've had years to do that. The days after someone passed is the time to button it.

Just the fact you call it "UK football" suggests to me you come from a country which doesn't understand football culture the same way that we do in Europe or South America. That's fine, but you should recognise it and allow people to remember a footballing hero.

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

That's fine, but millions around the world do think he's a hero. Let them remember him in that way.

If you disagree fine, you've had years to do that. The days after someone passed is the time to button it.

Just the fact you call it "UK football" suggests to me you come from a country which doesn't understand football culture the same way that we do in Europe or South America. That's fine, but you should recognise it and allow people to remember a footballing hero.

Never assume laddie, never assume. 😆

I'm from a country where a lot of people think there's a team called Partick Thistle Nil.

Edited by overherebc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

What that man said

22 hours ago, overherebc said:

Ned Kelly was and still is a hero to many..🤷🏻‍♂️.

22 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Absolute crud. 

He was a drug cheat, cheated on partners, cheated football, and promoted recreational drug use. 

The fact the media portray him as a hero is akin to what the media has become. 

Your assumptions of UK football suggests to me you understand very little of moral values.😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So some guy who was good at football dies.....give me a break.....this pathetic outpouring of grief for someone 99.9% of his fans never even met is pathetic.

If he had dedicated his life to helping the poor and the needy or worked his whole life to find a cure for cancer, malaria, covid19 then fair enough......but he was a footballer....get a grip.

• Like 2
On 11/26/2020 at 12:02 PM, ChipButty said:

He's in the Hands of God now

On the contrary, I’d wager he went downwards.👹

God is actually an Englishman and would never forgive the World Cup cheating. 

Edited by twocatsmac
Cheating Argie.
  • Like 1