Father-in-law bludgeoned to death in feud over family property

webfact

Father-in-law bludgeoned to death in feud over family property

By The Nation

800_e67b5d0a596c484.jpg

A fight over family property ended with the son-in-law murdering his wife’s father with a shovel on Tuesday.

Police called to the scene in Phrae province found Prayoon Bamrungjit, 62, dead in a shack with a severe wound to his head.

Theerawut Chanmuen, 39, was also at the scene, waiting to confess his crime to police.

He told them his father-in-law was an addict who was desperate for money to buy drugs. He had tried and failed to sell a family plot of land and was attempting to sell a cow instead, Theerawut told police.

The pair started arguing over the matter and Prayoon became enraged with his son-in-law for disagreeing with him. His father-in-law grabbed a knife and charged at him, said Theerawut, who confessed to then hitting Prayoon five times with a shovel, killing him.

He was initially charged with intentional murder, though his family say he might act in self-defence.

Theerawut’s wife said she did not want to speak about her father, but added that her husband was not a hot-headed man.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30397326

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-04

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

Not a hot-headed man just normal apart from stoeving people's heads in with a shovel then????

If someone ran at me with a knife I might be tempted to do the same... that's a bit late for dialogue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

You having a laugh?

What would anybody do? They would defend themselves, hit him once, but 5 times is a deliberate attempt at murder.

You ask what i would do, well having been in the same situation of being attacked with a knife, i defended myself by pushing the attacker ( my ex) over on her backside, but didnt keep going.

under attack and in fear for their life people can react in very different ways. Fear does pretty amazing things to people’s reasoning mechanism. Anyone that didn’t witness it  directly wouldn’t really know for sure 

7 hours ago, colinneil said:

You having a laugh?

What would anybody do? They would defend themselves, hit him once, but 5 times is a deliberate attempt at murder.

You ask what i would do, well having been in the same situation of being attacked with a knife, i defended myself by pushing the attacker ( my ex) over on her backside, but didnt keep going.

One hit with a shovel k.o. someone maybe in movies but in real it can be very different!!! I don't know how much times I readed that someone used a axe or knife 5 to 15 times and the person not died. So 5 times with a shovel will not be unrealistic for self defense. Specialy with the shovels they use here.

Edited by snowgard
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1