Copy And Pasting Into Topics

fangless

I am finding a number of cases where I am composing messages in my Word Processor, (WordPerfect 2020) where the spell checker is automatic, but when pasted into TV a letter in the middle of a word in the middle of the sentence is removed but not highlighted as an error by the TV system.  Also extra spaces are being inserted into the pasted copy.  

This is an example from today; 

"“If premeditated crimes like murder are not deterred by capital punishment there is no chance that it will  deter crims of  sudden urges like rape."

(Bold underline in crims is the error)

It is obviously not a major issue to myself but it can give the “Grammar Police” unwarranted ammunition and am just wondering if others are having this problem and could it be related to the recent update or just a quirk of my/our computers/WP’s?

PS; I have a copy of my recent original example below;

"If premeditated crimes like murder are not deterred by capital punishment there is no chance that it will deter crimes of sudden urges like rape."

5 minutes ago, fangless said:

I am finding a number of cases where I am composing messages in my Word Processor, (WordPerfect 2020) where the spell checker is automatic, but when pasted into TV a letter in the middle of a word in the middle of the sentence is removed but not highlighted as an error by the TV system.  Also extra spaces are being inserted into the pasted copy.  

This is an example from today; 

It is obviously not a major issue to myself but it can give the “Grammar Police” unwarranted ammunition and am just wondering if others are having this problem and could it be related to the recent update or just a quirk of my/our computers/WP’s?

PS; I have a copy of my recent original example below;

If premeditated crimes like murder are not deterred by capital punishment there is no chance that it will deter crimes of sudden urges like rape.

Seems to be a serious lack of punctuation.  Is that your doing or that of the programme?

'nuf sed.

• Confused 1

Just now, Salerno said:

That's weird.

Do you click the "Paste as plain text" message when you cut and paste? 

Yes, if asked for but it is not normally required/asked for from a WP copy and paste. 

Not asked for during this session! 

3 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Try proof reading your post on TV before hitting Submit Reply.

Read the first paragraph of my OP!!

My point is that the "Proof reading" did not appear to work in my example. 

And no I have not included "crim" as a word in any of my dictionaries!!

1 minute ago, fangless said:

Read the first paragraph of my OP!!

My point is that the "Proof reading" did not appear to work in my example. 

And no I have not included "crim" as a word in any of my dictionaries!!

Sorry, I meant Proof Reading and subsequently Editing your pasted text message.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, J Town said:

WordPerfect can be cludgy with lots of hidden elements. To completely rid all that, copy and paste into Notepad then review your text. Cleans everything completely.

Notepad does NOT spell check and you obviously know nothing about WordPerfect or it's origins!

PS; Did you spell check "cludgy" before posting?

Edited by fangless

45 minutes ago, fangless said:

Notepad does NOT spell check and you obviously know nothing about WordPerfect or it's origins!

PS; Did you spell check "cludgy" before posting?

Sorry for trying to help. To the ignore phantom zone go you!

• Thanks 1

Many OS 'clipboards' mechanisms have to offer up several 'converted' versions of the selected copied content to allow pasting into a non-matching environment.

Trying to successfully get clipboard contents from one app into another can be very frustrating (especially if there are coding errors in the alternate converted clipboard content process).

When you next encounter the issue try also pasting the same original clipboard content into other types of applications to see if they result in the same or similar errors.

[reference: docs.microsoft.com Clipboard Formats]

36 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Many OS 'clipboards' mechanisms have to offer up several 'converted' versions of the selected copied content to allow pasting into a non-matching environment.

Trying to successfully get clipboard contents from one app into another can be very frustrating (especially if there are coding errors in the alternate converted clipboard content process).

When you next encounter the issue try also pasting the same original clipboard content into other types of applications to see if they result in the same or similar errors.

[reference: docs.microsoft.com Clipboard Formats]

I know and have tried those options when applicable. They do NOT apply in this case!!  Please re-read the OP where I explain this where the TV spell check system is both not working properly/all the time and where something appears to be removing letters and not highlighting the subsequent error(s)/removals.

I have just done this post by originating it in WP2020 and copy and pasting it here.

(Note; Before "submit" pressed  TV not asking to "format" the text")
Whether I have to use the TV “formatting system” or whatever, I will discover in a moment!!
(I will post my experience after the “PS;” after "an "edit")

Please note that I am not asking for solutions.  I am just asking;

“Is anybody else getting the problem I explained in the OP”. 

PS;  I have found no problems with this post after posting above and coming back to edit.  Maybe it was a temporary glitch, who knows!

PPS;  If anyone else experiences this phenonium please let the Admin know!

Edited by fangless

1 minute ago, fangless said:

I know and have tried those options when applicable. They do NOT apply in this case!! 

The 'pasting' into other apps on your device is a diagnostics process to see if the conditions are encountered elsewhere, with a certain web browser, or only with ThaiVisa's web 2.0 javascript helper files.

...and, yes, I have experienced pasting anomalies with the ThaiVisa text edit box, though I've always attributed it to the OS clipboard conversion process (even when characters are dropped mid-word).