Is it true that saying thank you to a close friend or family yeilds negative feelings?

Elizway

53 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm astounded the skin on the drum you keep beating has not broken yet. Your arms must be getting tired.

I thought our repartee, was just a bit of light hearted fun.

Although at times, your posts did, &  do come across as somewhat a little too acerbic, I gave you the benefit of doubt.

Never mind.

11 hours ago, faraday said:

I thought our repartee, was just a bit of light hearted fun.

Although at times, your posts did, &  do come across as somewhat a little too acerbic, I gave you the benefit of doubt.

Never mind.

No problem for me, I was just thinking the joke was getting a bit stale from repetition. Stay well.

This is a very good and poignant op, though missed by most going by 'likes' and feedback. Granted, one would need to be quite close to Thais and be able to speak a bit to pick it up. Don't think wives, kids counts. In my observations, formalities are indeed forgone/diluted and language is routinely shortened to boot, albeit with no loss of politeness. At that point of acceptedness (?), to then afford a formal reply in whatever scenario would possibly have the other party (or you) in an awkward/challenged-almost spot. Where family is concerned (all classes) and with all important face/power in mind - aside from parent-kid relationship - it is indeed moot and alive in Thailand.

Well done.