AppleCare+ service in Chiang Mai

mild7even

The one Ive seen is in Kad Suan kaew mall on huay keaw rd---NW corner off old city towards CMU

Is across from bank of BKK   not sure if its 1st or 2nd floor as Tops market is in basement--1st floor???

If you walk in the main entrance its right in front of you in open area "cafe" set up-----last time I checked

Cant say if they service but sure they can help you get to where you need to be if repair needed...

You'll never know with Apple, about 8 years ago I order my MacPro throug there website, as I remember they send it from Singapore, they advertising free of charge sending.

It comes by DHL and bring the stuff to the local Postoffice, 25 km from my home.

After request to send it to my home, they refuse because it was to heavy (25kg) I have to pick it up by myself!

On 11/4/2020 at 11:57 PM, mild7even said:

I know there are Apple stores in Bangkok, but are there any Apple authorized service centers in Chiang Mai that can do repairs under AppleCare+? Or do people rely on parcel service to get it to Apple? Thanks.

Apple's website currently shows only one authorized service provider in Chiang Mai - iCare Central Airport (3rd Floor, Room No. 370/1-370/2)

On 11/5/2020 at 5:17 AM, jonwilly said:

I normally use Magic 3rd floor Pantip Plaza, decent English and know computers.

john

Small thread hijacking ???? but do you think they can hard reset a Ipad, after being completely locked out without ID or Password remembered (Kids Ipad, nothing inside).

4 hours ago, khunphil said:

Small thread hijacking ???? but do you think they can hard reset a Ipad, after being completely locked out without ID or Password remembered (Kids Ipad, nothing inside).

No idea, but imagine so.

I can do a Hard Reset on my iPad by pressing the OFF button and the Increase Volume button together. Hold down until screen goes blank then the Apple sign appears and Hard Reset is carried out.

On the previous model it was press off button and the ON button (located on the bottom) together.

john

Just an FYI, there is a difference between AppleCare and AppleCare+.

AppleCare+ is coverage you can buy in the US, Thailand and other countries that covers 2 cases of accidental damage (drops, etc) per year.

AppleCare (without the +) is coverage that you can buy in other countries (like the Philippines) that doesn't cover accidental damage.

You'll need to check your phone serial number on the Apple website to see which plan your device is covered under.

I had an iPhone with AppleCare+ get accidentally damaged in the Philippines and it was a huge hassle getting it fixed there as they didnt want to honor the AppleCare+ since they dont sell that coverage there.

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies. The broken iPad screen was handled at iCare at Airport Plaza. iPad was purchased from the online Apple Store Thailand, together with AppleCare+. Covered under the accidental damage terms of AppleCare+, with co-pay of around 1600 baht. Sent away for around a week and received it back.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

i had a terrible experience at Icare airport plaza today.  they would not accept my MacBook pro even after i had the repair authorized by Apple  U.S.  they do not speak good English to the point  fact  a senior advisor in the States had to intervene.  i asked them to please contact my advisor in the States if they had any questions.  they would not do this.  i also contacted Apple care in Australia and they tried to contact the airport plaza icare location.  i was told that they have not been able to find somewhere that can speak English.  may have to send the computer to Apple in the States for repair.. my advice do not purchase an Apple product in Thailand since you will be at the mercy of Apple care Thailand.

Edited by malibukid

Malbukid, was this going to be a warranty repair?  Had a similar experience at the Samsung Repair Facility in CNX.  My laptop is still under warranty but since it was purchased in the USA they would repair only if I agreed to pay.  The reason I got was they do not recognize warranty for any product not purchased in LOS. TIT.  I have stopped buying Apple Products but ran into a problem having my new Samsung Laptop maintained.  But in the end I figured out what the problem was(thank Buddha for youtube videos) and fixed it myself.  

45 minutes ago, malibukid said:

i had a terrible experience at Icare airport plaza today.  they would not accept my MacBook pro even after i had the repair authorized by Apple  U.S.  they do not speak good English to the point  fact  a senior advisor in the States had to intervene.  i asked them to please contact my advisor in the States if they had any questions.  they would not do this.  i also contacted Apple care in Australia and they tried to contact the airport plaza icare location.  i was told that they have not been able to find somewhere that can speak English.  may have to send the computer to Apple in the States for repair.. my advice do not purchase an Apple product in Thailand since you will be at the mercy of Apple care Thailand.

Singapore is where they send Apple stuff for repair from CM.  Have your US advisor arrange Singapore repair.

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2020 at 3:01 PM, khunphil said:

No one can hard reset an iPad without the correct information, up to the owner to provide. 

Why on earth did you post.

john

On 3/22/2021 at 7:25 PM, Bill97 said:

Singapore is where they send Apple stuff for repair from CM.  Have your US advisor arrange Singapore repair.

i finally got it accepted for repair at iCare CM, it took a few calls to Singapore to sort them out up here.  i had to explain to the senior advisors that Thailand is not same same in the Appleverse