Different funeral ceremonies

22 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

I was there too, and I remember all. The doctors had already given up with electroshocks, but another doctor luckily started his shift.

Three more highest voltage shocks made my body jump high up into the air; two family members had to witness it, sadly one was a five-year-old boy, and they were told that my body would be brought to CM.

Then my heart started beating, and I woke up but didn't want to. It was weird to see my mom, who'd passed away a couple of years before telling me that I couldn't come now.

My heart stood still for a while, and I can be happy that this doctor didn't give up on me.

I think such a near-death experience is something you'll never forget. 
And I'm not afraid of dying and see things from a different perspective now..... 

But to get back on topic, it seems that all monks have their own view on what to do to make a real show before the cremation of a dead body.

That doesn't man that they know what they are exactly doing. I've seen too many monks at such events who just invented some hard to understand rituals, perhaps to satisfy the paying folks.

Not even death is free. So wealthier the deceased person was, so longer will the "party" be. And these monks know that they receive more cash and presents when they do some extraordinary practices that seem to be from a Hollywood movie. 

Yep.  The more cash, the bigger and more elaborate the ceremony.  

• Like 1
10 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

Did you find this on Google????? 

No, I was a monk for 7 years in Lopburi Province.  Haven't seen it all, but have seen a bunch including a lot of funerals.  

17 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

Yep.  The more cash, the bigger and more elaborate the ceremony.  

One wealthier uncle passed away and after one year, they threw a party in the middle of the temple with almost naked girls, "Morlam dancers". 

Well, half naked. No monks were visible they must have watched the girls from their huts.....They wore the tiniest bikinis I've ever seen. And you could see everything.

The ashes were of course very happy about these sexy gurls. And the monks, well they must have had their handy fun. 

And these Morlam dancers were very young. A typical Buddhist ceremony? 

And that wasn't the first of its kind.  

Edited by teacherclaire
On 11/9/2020 at 8:02 AM, teacherclaire said:

One wealthier uncle passed away and after one year, they threw a party in the middle of the temple with almost naked girls, "Morlam dancers". 

Well, half naked. No monks were visible they must have watched the girls from their huts.....They wore the tiniest bikinis I've ever seen. And you could see everything.

The ashes were of course very happy about these sexy gurls. And the monks, well they must have had their handy fun. 

I've seen dancers at temple gatherings, but not at funerals.  But not surprised.  Like I said, money can buy anything.  

On 11/9/2020 at 10:02 PM, teacherclaire said:

So?????

On 11/9/2020 at 9:49 PM, khaowong1 said:

No, I was a monk for 7 years in Lopburi Province.  Haven't seen it all, but have seen a bunch including a lot of funerals.  

You surely saw a lot of monkeys....

4 hours ago, jomtienisgood said:

So?????

So? Most were so drunk that they couldn't stand straight, then they wanted to touch the girls. A few were on Jaba and of course do these people then also sell a few pills.

The girls wore almost nothing and a few other things that shouldn't happen inside a temple. And I'm an atheist. 

And that all happened in the middle of a Thai Buddhist Temple. 

And you ask so? 

On 11/10/2020 at 10:34 PM, khaowong1 said:

I've seen dancers at temple gatherings, but not at funerals.  But not surprised.  Like I said, money can buy anything.  

Not at the direct funeral. That's ( the Morlam sing and dance) is exactly one year after the guy's death.

They move the bones and do some other magical wonders.  

Sex and Drugs And Morlam Roll. 

1 hour ago, teacherclaire said:

Not at the direct funeral. That's ( the Morlam sing and dance) is exactly one year after the guy's death.

The family must have been throwing some serious money around for the Abbot to let them dance inside the temple.  

On 11/12/2020 at 8:43 PM, teacherclaire said:

555555555, again so??? Why get so upset?? I'm atheist aswel, but to me : I also adhere to the point of view live and let live.  If you don't like don't look.....