How do I stop myself from drinking too much?

20 year old male here. Every time I go out for a drink, my nights usually start out pretty good, with me being in a good mood, and with a lot of confidence. But as the night passes on, 3 things happens. I get really tired, sad and depressed sitting in the corner not saying a thing, and so drunk that I throw up everywhere and can't remember a thing next day. I know I could just ''drink less'', but I somehow can't make myself do that, when I have had a couple of drinks. Has any of you dealt with the same situation?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Start buying lady drinks...you'll soon run out of money for your own beer.

Why are you sitting in a corner on your own? Might as well drink at home alone, it won't stop you throwing up, but at least you'll only be spending half as much.

Go to the Local Hardware Store and purchase a Large Bucket full of Self Discipline.

43 minutes ago, denvemosc46 said:

20 year old male here. Every time I go out for a drink, my nights usually start out pretty good, with me being in a good mood, and with a lot of confidence. But as the night passes on, 3 things happens. I get really tired, sad and depressed sitting in the corner not saying a thing, and so drunk that I throw up everywhere and can't remember a thing next day. I know I could just ''drink le, ss'', but I somehow can't make myself do that, when I have had a couple of drinks. Has any of you dealt with the same situation?

Seems you have a great future, here in Thailand. But if you are determined to squander this potential, I could suggest you develop your interest in wine.  Nothing beats sharing a nice bottle, over a juicy Tenderloin with a Thai lady.

Thai men are too for that "keeneeow" and seem to believe wine isn't masculine enough.

• Confused 1

Binge drinking. Start and don't stop until completely hammered. I drink heavily more than not, but do not throw up and do not black out. But I am old and still can stay in control when out. 20 years old is a problem. Are you mixing drinks? Say like beer and Thai rum? If so then stay on one alcohol only. Over the years you become more accustomed to handle drinking, but when young it can be a learning curve spiral.

• Like 1

For me, though In never really drunk that much (and never smoked), the solution was simple  - start collecting something. When you see a collection growing and get enthusiastic about it you start realising that that 1000 baht for alcohol becomes a hard choice for something you really want to extend your collection. Good thing about it, is that my wife supports this, I'm home, I'm not drunk, i don't play around and what I buy is still money - though only God knows how I will get it all back to the UK in years to come.

• Like 1