Three farm labourers hurt in brazen attack by herd of boars

webfact

By THE NATION

800_19e02fc0861d4fa.jpg?v=1604563628

Three labourers harvesting corn in a field near Prachin Buri’s Thap Lan National Park were injured after coming under attack from a herd of wild boars that suddenly appeared from the bushes.

The incident came to light when Wang Khon Daeng police wrote about it on their Facebook page on Wednesday, leading to reporters visiting Ban Thap Lan.

An assistant to village chief Pitoon Poonkasem led the reporters to the 30-rai cornfield, where crops were being harvested and collected in baskets.

The assistant explained that the area was rented by a grower and labourers from Nakhon Ratchasima were hired to harvest the crop.

As the labourers were hard at work, their employer heard yelps and shrieks – around 12 of the territorial boars, which were reportedly living in the cornfield, suddenly attacked the workers, injuring a woman and two men. Two of the three sustained serious injuries.

The boars reportedly disappeared as fast as they appeared.

The three workers were immediately sent to hospital.

The police Facebook post warned people in the area to watch out for the animals and steer clear of them in case they were sighted.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30397388

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-05

21 hours ago, webfact said:

I know it sounds a bit out off reach for some farmers but if they use a Harvester ( just a cheap one) they don't have that problem. it can be taken of the Tractor if not needed.

download.jpg

Edited by digger70
  • Like 1

I often wonder why more mechanized farm equipment isn't used in Thailand.   Even my lawn mower. Leaf blower,  branch mulcher and leaf vacuum grinder are a wonder to fiance and her sister.  Plus the fact I smoked a brisket at 120c for 14 hours.   How many have had  dozens  if not hundreds of meals of  each Bison? Bison, moose, elk, muledeer, whitetail,  antelope, javelin, or wild boar.   Boar is the best.  Let me and my smokey  come over.  I bet I could even make soi dogs taste  great.  I want to try my hand at thai  Buffalo too. 

20201104_173807.jpg

Edited by Elkski

On 11/6/2020 at 12:21 PM, digger70 said:

I know it sounds a bit out off reach for some farmers but if they use a Harvester ( just a cheap one) they don't have that problem. it can be taken of the Tractor if not needed.

download.jpg

But the people would not be required .Result, unemployed

2 hours ago, Percy P said:

But the people would not be required .Result, unemployed

That's a bit Farfetched.

That's with anything mechanised .

Now there a tractors ,Now there are Robots in Factories,now there are Excavators,Backhoes,no digging by hand,This does happen all over the world . They still Need the people .   :jap: